The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Green should make the following coaching adjustments in my opinion

Rate this topic

Patel Bure

47 minutes ago, DarkIndianRises said:

Green’s deployment of Adam Gaudette could be having a negative rippling effect on the team.  

I want to preface this by saying that I love Adam Gaudette.   A standout in college, a hobey baker winner, and worked his butt off to make the NHL.   

However - I just don’t know if Gaudette has a clearly defined role under Green’s system.    The Canucks are obviously trying to develop Gaudette’s offensive game, but they aren’t really supporting him with his linemates.  Roussel missed training camp and has limited offensive ability as is, and Virtanen isn’t strong enough to carry a scoring line.  

The end result is this:   Gaudette’s line can’t produce consistent offense, and Gaudette’s line can’t really shut down the opposition.......which has resulted in Horvat’s line being given that responsibility.

All of this has resulted in the following:

-decent scoring line 1

-shut down scoring line 2

-sub-par scoring line 3

-sub par shut down line 4

Which ultimately means that the Canucks are leaning too much on Pettersson, Miller, and Hughes, while not efficiently using the likes of Horvat, Pearson, and Virtanen.

Remember when the Canucks started off the year 9-3-3?   Remember when Sutter was our 3rd line C?   Why not go back to something similar?

Miller-Pettersson-Toffoli

Pearson-Horvat-Gaudette

Eriksson-Sutter-Virtanen

Roussel-Beagle-Motte

Edler-Myers

Hughes-Tanev

Benn-Stecher

Put Gaudette in Leivo’s old spot, and put Virtanen on the 3rd line instead of the 4th.

Yea go back to old lines.. until boeser comes back 

Agree with everything. For the next 20 games:

Miller - Pettersson - Toffoli

Pearson - Horvat - Gaudette

Roussel - Sutter - Eriksson

Motte - Beagle - Virtanen

For Game 1 of the playoffs:

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser

Pearson - Horvat - Toffoli

Roussel - Sutter - Gaudette

Motte - Beagle - Virtanen

Virtanen and Gaudette interchangeable

The Canucks should almost never try to sit on leads and try to shut down the other team. They are better when attacking. They are relying on goal tending too much. I don't believe Green is a great coach. This team needs to skate to win. I don't think Green is much better than WD. Benning is also mediocre as a GM. Markstrum and a couple of star quality players have kept the Canucks in the playoff hope. That is what has kept the fans in the building. Brink back Burke !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/20/2020 at 9:30 PM, DarkIndianRises said:

Green’s deployment of Adam Gaudette could be having a negative rippling effect on the team.  

I want to preface this by saying that I love Adam Gaudette.   A standout in college, a hobey baker winner, and worked his butt off to make the NHL.   

However - I just don’t know if Gaudette has a clearly defined role under Green’s system.    The Canucks are obviously trying to develop Gaudette’s offensive game, but they aren’t really supporting him with his linemates.  Roussel missed training camp and has limited offensive ability as is, and Virtanen isn’t strong enough to carry a scoring line.  

The end result is this:   Gaudette’s line can’t produce consistent offense, and Gaudette’s line can’t really shut down the opposition.......which has resulted in Horvat’s line being given that responsibility.

All of this has resulted in the following:

-decent scoring line 1

-shut down scoring line 2

-sub-par scoring line 3

-sub par shut down line 4

Which ultimately means that the Canucks are leaning too much on Pettersson, Miller, and Hughes, while not efficiently using the likes of Horvat, Pearson, and Virtanen.

Remember when the Canucks started off the year 9-3-3?   Remember when Sutter was our 3rd line C?   Why not go back to something similar?

Miller-Pettersson-Toffoli

Pearson-Horvat-Gaudette

Eriksson-Sutter-Virtanen

Roussel-Beagle-Motte

Edler-Myers

Hughes-Tanev

Benn-Stecher

Put Gaudette in Leivo’s old spot, and put Virtanen on the 3rd line instead of the 4th.

get rid of Eriksson  problem solved  , insert big mac   and done

• Like 1