The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks interested in Tyson Barrie

brian42

Just now, DeNiro said:

Well if you believe the Gaudette rumours maybe it’s something like:

Gaudette, Stecher, Baertschi for Barrie

I don't think there's any credibility to those rumors. 

Just speculation someone came up with and everyone thinks it is a credible rumor.

Just like Friedman with OJ for Simmonds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

I don't see why the Leafs would deal Barrie without something significant in return.  Rielly is probably out for the remainder of the season and they have been hit hard with injuries all through their line-up.  I like Stecher but I can't imagine they would expect him to replace Barrie.  Their D is thin enough even if everyone was healthy.

I'm not saying I would do this but Gaudette's name has been in the wind on Twitter and if that's the case, then maybe it's in relation to a Barrie deal.  It's one of the few things I could see getting the attention of the Leafs.  If I'm the Canucks though, then that's not something I would be interested in.

Only way I would be okay trading Gaudette is if we got a young, quality RD back.

A Ristolainen or a Dumba.

No rentals.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Barrie is a local boy.  A UFA  in 4 months.  Why would they give anything up for him?

More importantly why would a Leafs team, already short defencemen trade one of their top 4....

A take for Barrie trade makes some sense but really, it's a pointless thought that the leafs, Nucks would be in talks over Barrie at this stage

I would rather the canucks go after risto, barrie etc ...over say wayne simmons ...we need another D, hence our games lately with markstrom having to stop 40+ shots so often , plus if we do get barrie, him and hughes would be great, or stick barrie on the 2nd powerplay that way we have two good offensive def

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

More importantly why would a Leafs team, already short defencemen trade one of their top 4....

Cause leafs are shopping him around, hence why all the speculation, and JB was interested in barrie last year at the trade deadline ..so of coarse he interested again this year

26 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

I'm not saying I would do this but Gaudette's name has been in the wind on Twitter and if that's the case, then maybe it's in relation to a Barrie deal.  It's one of the few things I could see getting the attention of the Leafs.  If I'm the Canucks though, then that's not something I would be interested in.

The idea of Gaudette being in play has already been shot down by the credible insiders. It was a rumour started by a nobody on Twitter.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, x00x said:

Cause leafs are shopping him around, hence why all the speculation, and JB was interested in barrie last year at the trade deadline ..so of coarse he interested again this year

Then the leafs are tanking their season.  Barrie may be a defensive hole but he's still a top 4 dman that they don't have a replacement for

46 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Wonder if a Tanev for Barrie straight up deal would work?

- Tanev and Rielly played together at the worlds.

- TOR needs a defensive man

- we get a PP2 QB.

- Canucks shouldn't pay Tanev 5+ in free agency

- Tyson Barrie will cost 6.5? 50 PT d man would he take a little less to play here? 5 x 6 (Myers contract)

Edler-Barrie

Hughes-Myers 

No. I think (usually wrong) Jimmy wants to dump a contract.

Tanev is easily dumped - don't resign. Troy on the other hand....

Considering we wouldn’t be able to re-sign him or another one of our UFAs I’d only be ok with Stecher plus a prospect like Utunen, Jasek, Gadjovic or something like that and I doubt that’s enough but it would be nice to have another point producer from the point. 

23 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Barrie is a local boy.  A UFA  in 4 months.  Why would they give anything up for him?

A take for Barrie trade makes some sense but really, it's a pointless thought that the leafs, Nucks would be in talks over Barrie at this stage

I think it's contract management.

Dump Troy a locked in contract. Let either Barrie or Tanev walk, resign one, and let Rafferty play next year.

• Like 1

Just click baits. All these insiders making stuff up.

None of them had anything on Toffoli even though talks broke down and re started a day or two later... 

After that none of them knew what was going to LA. Took like an hour for it to tickle out bit by bit. 

First Schaller's name came out. Then the 2nd. Then slowly Madden's name. half hour later the conditional

4th came out. 

These guys just making things up throwing mud at the wall to see if something sticks.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

I like Barrie but lets be realistic he will demand at leaf 6.5 - 7 million x 5 years, his type of money is out of line for Canucks cap space....

So why would you trade for Barrie it would be a rental player...Bad bad move if this happens..Cost would be at least 2 roaster players....

I like Mason for toughness but he will be 29 next season...

Trade Stetcher he will demand 3.5 million x 4 yrs

Before draft trade Tanev 

If Benning resigns Toffoli 4.8 million x 4 yrs,  I would then trade Boser and his 5.7 million Dollar contract for top #2 D man under 27 like Dumba.....