The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks interested in Tyson Barrie

brian42

3 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Until Bob, Elliott or Pierre start tweeting some rumblings pagnotta or the other no namers spew means nothing to me

May not be a popular choice, but with Toffoli being here, I could see JB letting go of Virtanen in the right kind of deal. For me that isn't Barrie tho, but if JV is cemented in a bottom 6 role it may be all JB thinks he can be so he may move on from him rather than try to make a deal in the summer with the future rfa...maybe that is!

You could be correct on this.

We already had too many forwards and then got Toffoli.  It may be like you say and if JB thinks he can resign Toffoli another roster player is going to get moved.  Could very well be Virtanen (although I would not much like it).

11 minutes ago, Tystick said:

LOL. 

Toronto fans are expecting players like Hoglander, Podkolzin, 1st round pick, Virtanen, Stecher, etc. for Barrie.

Unreal.

Lol. Nice to see they are envious and wanting our prospects. I'm suspecting they have been humbled. But not humbled enough yet for my liking. 

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, Borvat said:

If they give up a first plus prospect plus Stecher or Virtanen I will not be pleased.  Huge overpayment for what is likely a rental.  Wow just wow.  Reeks of desperation if true..

Not happening.   The benchmark trades are Miller and Toffoli.  That should be the ceiling.

Barrie does not warrant a 1st + top prospect + roster player. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Tystick said:

If we're in a betting match between Vegas and Flames, I feel like we're the first team out.

They have their 1st round picks and can offer a RD replacement better than Stecher or Tanev.

Probably the best situation anyway.

Canucks are a better team even if CGY or VGK gets Barrie.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Borvat said:

If they give up a first plus prospect plus Stecher or Virtanen I will not be pleased.  Huge overpayment for what is likely a rental.  Wow just wow.  Reeks of desperation if true..

You clearly missed the sign and trade part of the post so not a rental. Still a steep price 

8 minutes ago, BPA said:

Not happening.   The benchmark trades are Miller and Toffoli.  That should be the ceiling.

Barrie does not warrant a 1st + top prospect + roster player. 

7 minutes ago, Tystick said:

Let's be real here, Barrie is not worth a 1st, high end prospect, roster player, conditional picks, etc.

Benning, there are affordable options out there.

DO NOT OVERPAY.

Agree completely.  If we could do the trade for Stecher and a prospect (not pods or hogs) then we should.

Otherwise, wait a few months and sign him for free as a UFA. He seems to want to come to BC.

Edler  Barrie

Hughes  Tanev

....pretty darn good top 4.

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Cheers 4

1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Agree completely.  If we could do the trade for Stecher and a prospect (not pods or hogs) then we should.

Otherwise, wait a few months and sign him for free as a UFA. He seems to want to come to BC.

Edler  Barrie

Hughes  Tanev

....pretty darn good top 4.

I just can't see Benning giving up too much for this guy.

Will we be better with him in the lineup? Yes.

But it needs to be a fair deal.

Personally, I think they would want Tanev before Stecher.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Tystick said:

I just can't see Benning giving up too much for this guy.

Will we be better with him in the lineup? Yes.

But it needs to be a fair deal.

Personally, I think they would want Tanev before Stecher.

They probably do want Tanev but that should be an automatic NO from JB.  We need Edler and Tanev to pair with these offensive high risk players. It has worked great for Hughes and Tanev and if we got lucky it would work great with Edler and Barrie.

Edler makes every D he plays with better so I think it would work out.

...but only for a reasonable price as you say.

• Cheers 2