The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks interested in Tyson Barrie

brian42

2 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I'd much rather it not be a sign and trade tbh. No idea how our cap situation works if the plan is to sign both Bear-not-cheese and Sticky Toffee. 

Well if we’re having to pay a lot more for an extension I’d rather not.

If you believe he wants to play here just negotiate later. Also gives you a chance to see if he’s a fit here first.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 3

If this is true then clearly JB feels D is the weak spot in our depth chart and talent pool 

that probably is the case, Tanev and Stetcher will be going and other than Rafferty and perhaps Woo the cupboard is pretty bare 

I want oj to make it but I think he is made of glass and that’s before he has played against the big boys 

even if we get Tram back it may not be a bad idea to pick up Barrie 

if we sign Marky And Toffoli and then add podz and hogs ... things are taking shape 

I'm nervous that Benning will trade Tanev+ for Barrie. What if they trade Tanev and it affects Hughes? He's formed  bond with Tanev already and they make a great pairing. I can't see Benning messing with that. I hope not. Mind you, Hughes is already a pro, and he would adjust to whoever he plays with and still be great. Barrie and Hughes one-two punch on D could create a lot of problems for other teams if we have possession most of the time, and the PP would be better, I would think. 

Edler - Barrie

Hughes - Myers

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I'm nervous that Benning will trade Tanev+ for Barrie. What if they trade Tanev and it affects Hughes? He's formed  bond with Tanev already and they make a great pairing. I can't see Benning messing with that. I hope not. Mind you, Hughes is already a pro, and he would adjust to whoever he plays with and still be great. Barrie and Hughes one-two punch on D could create a lot of problems for other teams if we have possession most of the time, and the PP would be better, I would think. 

Edler - Barrie

Hughes - Myers

Hughes is in a league of his own on the Canucks back end and the last player I am

worried about on this team. 

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

I am not for the Barrie trade if it involves Jake 

they can have Sutter, Loui or Roussel or all of them 

What if the trade was Virtanen, Stecher, Eriksson for Barrie?

Edited by VaNux

Just now, VaNux said:

What if the trade was Virtanen, Stetcher, Eriksson for Barrie?

I would rather give d to get d 

I get the the Loui cap space basically pays for Barrie though 

we would be giving up a 20 goal scorer that still has upside .... if he chooses to put out the effort 

18 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Edler - Barrie

Hughes - Myers

I would not be happy if it was Tanev for Barrie either.  A top four of edler/barrie and hughes/tanev would be very good.

8 minutes ago, VaNux said:

What if the trade was Virtanen, Stecher, Eriksson for Barrie?

Toronto couldn’t afford that sort of cap hit.  Even if they could, us moving backwards roster wise during the season doesn’t make a lot of sense.

I would give up a lot of futures to ditch Eriksson though.

8 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

"I'll be shocked if Barrie isnt a Canuck by the end of the draft" - Pierre McGuire last year.

They have been high on him all year, I'm not surprised of these rumours

Last year we didn’t have a 25 minute a night elite rookie who is in the top 5 D scoring the the entire league.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Provost said:

Last year we didn’t have a 25 minute a night elite rookie who is in the top 5 D scoring the the entire league.

Very true and a good point but in the playoffs teams will play dirty to win. If we had a Barrie to shelter Hughes' minutes it could be huge.

Maybe shelter is the wrong word... but to lighten the load