The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks interested in Tyson Barrie

brian42

5 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

Please no to this. 

If any defencemen, I'd prefer going for Ron Hainsey.

Much cheaper, better defence, older but adds size

I really like this suggestion.  Schenn would also be a possibility with the Bogo signing.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 3

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

I really like this suggestion.  Schenn would also be a possibility with the Bogo signing.

Luke Schenn is a legend. 7th dman in the playoffs. Yes please. Let the other boys play. They’ve worked hard together. We got our prize in Toffoli

Ps I can’t wait for tomorrow to be over 

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Luke Schenn didn’t wanna be here. Why would we give up anything for him?

Because he provides toughness, would be cheap, and has proven chemistry with Hughes, whose partner has a history of getting injured.  He saw a clearer path to NHL minutes in Tampa Bay and I doubt there are any hard feelings.

Just now, King Heffy said:

Because he provides toughness, would be cheap, and has proven chemistry with Hughes, whose partner has a history of getting injured.  He saw a clearer path to NHL minutes in Tampa Bay and I doubt there are any hard feelings.

He saw a better opportunity to get minutes in Tampa? I kinda doubt that.

His chemistry with Hughes is overrated here. He would make a lot of D men look good.

• Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I’ve done this in the past. Took the day off work and was severely disappointed everytime :lol:

I've done it where I stayed home on the PC and watched SportsCentre all day. There's really no point to it.

Honestly, it's better just to go to school or work and then check all the trades later, or just look at them once they come in. Easier to do that than to stress over rumors and piles of people on CDC/the internet arguing them.

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

I don't think this is the right target, and I don't think we should be selling off more assets. 

Any move involving a good prospect or valuable draft pick should include getting a contract off our books for next year.

Adding another rental at the expense of further futures doesn't make sense to me when we already can't sign all our free agents. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

I've done it where I stayed home on the PC and watched SportsCentre all day. There's really no point to it.

Honestly, it's better just to go to school or work and then check all the trades later, or just look at them once they come in. Easier to do that than to stress over rumors and piles of people on CDC/the internet arguing them.

Amen!

Ill be checking my phone. I like CDC cause everything is here so quick. But it’s easy to get caught up in the rumours most of which won’t happen. Simmonds, Barrie pretty much laughable but you never know I guess.

Happy we got Toffoli and will be equally happy if that’s all we spend. It’s the minor stuff or the curve ball like last year with Dahlen that will be interesting if anything like that happens

Edited by Devron44
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I don’t think JB ever said He offered him a contract 

Schenn signed for 700k in Tampa. 700k. Im sure Benning must have offered something around that. If he didn’t, then why would he give up an asset to acquire a guy they wouldn’t give barely more than league minimum for? 

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

Amen!

Ill be checking my phone. I like CDC cause everything is here so quick. But it’s easy to get caught up in the rumours most of which won’t happen. Simmonds, Barrie pretty much laughable but you never know I guess.

Happy we got Toffoli and will be equally happy if that’s all we spend. It’s the minor stuff of the curve ball like last year with Dahlen that will be interesting if anything like happens

Toffoli happened under the radar of emotion.

I'm skeptical or any moves with emotional weight without evidence. Especially when everyone's freaking out.

Tbh, the fact that everyone liked the Toffoli trade but hated the Miller trade made me go ... wtf?

Now, of course everyone's on the Toffoli bandwagon but really should have been on the Miller bandwagon first. 

GCG!!

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 2

1 minute ago, Pickly said:

Schenn signed for 700k in Tampa. 700k. Im sure Benning must have offered something around that. If he didn’t, then why would he give up an asset to acquire a guy they wouldn’t give barely more than league minimum for? 

Taxes buddy. Sunshine state.

JB traded MDZ for a draft pick in return ANAHEIM made us take Schenn