The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks interested in Tyson Barrie

brian42

5 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Source: Bob Mckenzie:

well then it will not happen

might as well keep stetcher as they are the same size and so far seems stetcher is better in his own end of the ice, plus shoots the puck

Could just be tsn stirring the pot for more viewers tomm. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, rotiman187 said:

Could just be tsn stirring the pot for more viewers tomm. 

true but wow we do not need another smaller D man when we have two unless one  ( stetcher) goes the other, but then again I would want more coming back as Barrie is not good at all in his own end and gets caught up ice more then anyone on our team!

12 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

true but wow we do not need another smaller D man when we have two unless one  ( stetcher) goes the other, but then again I would want more coming back as Barrie is not good at all in his own end and gets caught up ice more then anyone on our team!

Agreed. I really hope jb doesn't give up too much if this deal does happen. 

1 hour ago, cripplereh said:

And what if Jack Rathbone is in our future plans (which he should be)... that's more than enough small D men on one team.

I mean, if we're really trying to make some noise in these next couple of years then I can understand it. Barrie isn't necessarily a "build for the future" type of move. I saw someone make a post earlier about how our team could shape up with a possible Barrie acquisition, and it doesn't look too bad. This could be our team next year (2021) by the time the playoffs begin:

Miller) - Pettersson - Boeser

Pearson - Horvat - Toffoli

Podkolzin - Gaudette - Virtanen

Motte - Beagle - MacEwan

Extras: Lind, Jasek, etc.

Hughes - Tanev/Stecher?

Tryamkin - Barrie

Juolevi - Myers

(we might want to look at making that D more robust, but there's some serious potential there (even with a Barrie acquisition)).

Possibly moved out to clear cap: Eriksson, Sutter, Roussel, Benn, etc.

Goaltending is another conversation in itself, but if Marky comes back, this team is rebuilt and ready to challenge for a cup.

EDIT: and our team is very rich in prospect depth. Other than the elite guys (Hogz & Podz) it wouldn't completely break my heart to see us move one or two more. It would just be trading the future for a better future.

Edited by Herberts Vasiljevs

45 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

And what if Jack Rathbone is in our future plans (which he should be)... that's more than enough small D men on one team.

I mean, if we're really trying to make some noise in these next couple of years then I can understand it. Barrie isn't necessarily a "build for the future" type of move. I saw someone make a post earlier about how our team could shape up with a possible Barrie acquisition, and it doesn't look too bad. This could be our team next year (2021) by the time the playoffs begin:

Podkolzin/(Hoglander?) - Pettersson - Boeser

Pearson - Horvat - Toffoli

Podkolzin/(Hoglander?) - Gaudette - Virtanen

Motte - Beagle - MacEwan

Extras: Lind, Jasek, etc.

Hughes - Tanev/Stecher?

Tryamkin - Barrie

Juolevi - Myers

(we might want to look at making that D more robust, but there's some serious potential there (even with a Barrie acquisition)).

Possibly moved out to clear cap: Eriksson, Sutter, Roussel, Benn, etc.

Goaltending is another conversation in itself, but if Marky comes back, this team is rebuilt and ready to challenge for a cup.

EDIT: and our team is very rich in prospect depth. Other than the elite guys (Hogz & Podz) it wouldn't completely break my heart to see us move one or two more. It would just be trading the future for a better future.

Where is jt miller

7 minutes ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

Hearing Barrie to canucks might happen tomorrow morning,

stecher, OJ, 3rd round pick im guessing..

That’s a decent haul. But OJ could still be a decent top four defenseman in the league. He’s trending well in the AHL despite his injuries. I’d hate to lose him. Stecher as well. This, in my opinion, is a lateral move for Barrie. Don’t think he helps us any more than Stecher defensively. 

41 minutes ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

Hearing Barrie to canucks might happen tomorrow morning,

stecher, OJ, 3rd round pick im guessing..

Barf

28 minutes ago, brian42 said:

Stecher, Sutter(25% retained), OJ

for

barrie 

3rd

then we add a forward 

Barf

Why are the canucks doing this?

If we're trading 3 controlled assets ain't damn sure ain't for Barrie.

Stecher /Barrie is pretty much a lateral move.

Barrie would be a luxury playing 2nd pp and 2nd or 3rd pair 

He's not bumping thuggy bear and grease out of the top minutes.

Edler Myers 

Fantenberg Stecher

Who plays D next year ?

Barrie ufa 

Tanev ufa

Fantenberg ufa

Stecher rfa gone for barrie

Juolevi gone for barrie

Edler hughes

Myers Rafferty 

Benn........

No Barrie, not for Stecher or Juolevi!

6 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Barf

Barf

Why are the canucks doing this?

If we're trading 3 controlled assets ain't damn sure ain't for Barrie.

Stecher /Barrie is pretty much a lateral move.

Barrie would be a luxury playing 2nd pp and 2nd or 3rd pair 

He's not bumping thuggy bear and grease out of the top minutes.

Edler Myers 

Fantenberg Stecher

Who plays D next year ?

Barrie ufa 

Tanev ufa

Fantenberg ufa

Stecher rfa gone for barrie

Juolevi gone for barrie

Edler hughes

Myers Rafferty 

Benn........

No Barrie, not for Stecher or Juolevi!

Stecher for Barrie would not be a lateral move. Barrie is about as good defensively, and much better offensively.

I understand being attached to players like Stecher and Juolevi but come on. 
Barrie has averaged 47 points over the past 7 seasons, including this unfinished season. The most Stecher has gotten is 24.

Scary thing is, it's really quiet at the rumors front, which worries me with the Canucks. 

Get the sense that Troy and a few more assets will be moving out by tomorrow morning :( 

I like Barrie, but he's going to cost more than Stecher will, even with his raise. How are we going to afford to bring all these players back? 

I don't understand all these potential moves. This team isn't a CUP contending team. They barely have any postseason experience. And that counts for something in the playoffs, doesn't it? I don't see the Canucks going to the Finals, let alone winning Lord Stanley - not this season anyways. So why is the organization giving up so much for two rentals in Toffoli (I mean, I do like him a lot, hope he stays with Van), and possibly Barrie (who is also a UFA). 

Just now, NaveJoseph said:

Stecher for Barrie would not be a lateral move. Barrie is about as good defensively, and much better offensively.

I understand being attached to players like Stecher and Juolevi but come on. 
Barrie has averaged 47 points over the past 7 seasons, including this unfinished season. The most Stecher has gotten is 24.

Love me some Troy for sure. 

I think that's the harshness of the business side of hockey isn't it? 

And as fans, we do grow attached to the players, especially if they're local born and bred from BC. 

If Stecher goes tomorrow morning, I'm going to miss him as a member of this franchise.