The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks interested in Tyson Barrie

brian42

6 hours ago, NaveJoseph said:

Anything can happen in the playoffs. Kings were the 8th seed in 2012 and steamrolled their way to the cup. 

With Boeser coming back this team will be dangerous. 

While this is true that anything can happen, i hate this kings example. That team was loaded, and were under performing. Once they turned it on in the games leading up to the playoffs you could see that they were very very dangerous. 

• Cheers 2

58 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

While this is true that anything can happen, i hate this kings example. That team was loaded, and were under performing. Once they turned it on in the games leading up to the playoffs you could see that they were very very dangerous. 

If I recall, they were injured a lot as well as underperforming. It's definitely a good story to talk about an 8th placer to win a cup, but LA was a cup favourite for a lot of people before the season started. 

• Cheers 3

Just now, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

I'm ok with that. rather keep our assets. would like JB to make a move or two though

Would have liked to see them move some Cap. I know they tried on Baertschi... Maybe CLB circles back with Athanasiou going to the Oilers. Would have liked them to pick up Luke Schenn from TB. Also felt Sutter should have gone.

Just now, Outsiders said:

Would have liked to see them move some Cap. I know they tried on Baertschi... Maybe CLB circles back with Athanasiou going to the Oilers. Would have liked them to pick up Luke Schenn from TB. Also felt Sutter should have gone.

Sutter's not going anywhere until this summer, if then, with the team playoff bound.

Edited by aGENT

Just now, aGENT said:

Sutter's not going anywhere until this summer, if then with the team playoff bound.

As long as they move him this summer I'm fine with that. They have to shed cap. Hopefully Baertschi is gone, Eriksson is sent to Utica and retires and Sutter is traded.

5 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Canucks are out on Barrie according to TSN

We’ll know for sure in next hour and bit. This team could use one more NHL level defender. Someone is bound to be injured and guys like Benn/Fatenberg and Stetcher should not be in the top 4 D.

Just now, grandmaster said:

We’ll know for sure in next hour and bit. This team could use one more NHL level defender. Someone is bound to be injured and guys like Benn/Fatenberg and Stetcher should not be in the top 4 D.

I really think that we will have Tryamkin coming back in about 3 weeks. Hoping at least, he would be a punishing force on the blueline.

Just now, Outsiders said:

As long as they move him this summer I'm fine with that. They have to shed cap. Hopefully Baertschi is gone, Eriksson is sent to Utica and retires and Sutter is traded.

IMO it's likely Roussel + Baer (cost us retention and/or assets on the latter) to clear cap . We'll see what happens with Eriksson... I'm hoping after his bonus is paid, with 50% retention and taking a +/- $1m AHL player back, we might actually be able to move him...

Sutter I'd only put 40/60 odds on moving even this summer personally. Our NHL caliber C depth is not that deep in case of injuries.

Just now, aGENT said:

IMO it's likely Roussel + Baer (cost us retention and/or assets on the latter) to clear cap . We'll see what happens with Eriksson... I'm hoping after his bonus is paid, with 50% retention and taking a +/- $1m AHL player back, we might actually be able to move him...

Sutter I'd only put 40/60 odds on moving even this summer personally. Our NHL caliber C depth is not that deep in case of injuries.

I'm okay with Roussel going next year. Ideally I think our bottom six should look something like this

Ferland(Big IF) - Gaudette - Virtanen

Motte - Beagle - MacEwen

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Stecher + for an upgrade or stand pat IMO.

Between Benn, a likely returning Tryamkin, Brisebois, Sautner, OJ, Rafferty etc we've got half decent depth.