Sign in to follow this  
brian42

[Speculation] Canucks interested in Tyson Barrie

Recommended Posts

58 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

While this is true that anything can happen, i hate this kings example. That team was loaded, and were under performing. Once they turned it on in the games leading up to the playoffs you could see that they were very very dangerous. 

If I recall, they were injured a lot as well as underperforming. It's definitely a good story to talk about an 8th placer to win a cup, but LA was a cup favourite for a lot of people before the season started. 

  • Hydration 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think JB is not giving up on pounding on Dumbass to give us Barrie for Baertschi & Stecher and a conditional 4th round pick!! Gotta love his perseverance!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Outsiders said:

Canucks are out on Barrie according to TSN

I'm ok with that. rather keep our assets. would like JB to make a move or two though

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Burr 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Canucks are out on Barrie according to TSN

If true, can't say I'm terribly upset.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Canucks are out on Barrie according to TSN

 

C05060A9-6888-4B21-A8A4-8AF01BD09C30.gif

  • Hydration 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Canucks are out on Barrie according to TSN

That's great news, if true.

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

I'm ok with that. rather keep our assets. would like JB to make a move or two though

 

Would have liked to see them move some Cap. I know they tried on Baertschi... Maybe CLB circles back with Athanasiou going to the Oilers. Would have liked them to pick up Luke Schenn from TB. Also felt Sutter should have gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Outsiders said:

Would have liked to see them move some Cap. I know they tried on Baertschi... Maybe CLB circles back with Athanasiou going to the Oilers. Would have liked them to pick up Luke Schenn from TB. Also felt Sutter should have gone.

Sutter's not going anywhere until this summer, if then, with the team playoff bound.

Edited by aGENT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still hoping we get him. Dont know why but I just do.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, aGENT said:

Sutter's not going anywhere until this summer, if then with the team playoff bound.

As long as they move him this summer I'm fine with that. They have to shed cap. Hopefully Baertschi is gone, Eriksson is sent to Utica and retires and Sutter is traded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Canucks are out on Barrie according to TSN

We’ll know for sure in next hour and bit. This team could use one more NHL level defender. Someone is bound to be injured and guys like Benn/Fatenberg and Stetcher should not be in the top 4 D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, grandmaster said:

We’ll know for sure in next hour and bit. This team could use one more NHL level defender. Someone is bound to be injured and guys like Benn/Fatenberg and Stetcher should not be in the top 4 D.

I really think that we will have Tryamkin coming back in about 3 weeks. Hoping at least, he would be a punishing force on the blueline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Outsiders said:

As long as they move him this summer I'm fine with that. They have to shed cap. Hopefully Baertschi is gone, Eriksson is sent to Utica and retires and Sutter is traded.

IMO it's likely Roussel + Baer (cost us retention and/or assets on the latter) to clear cap . We'll see what happens with Eriksson... I'm hoping after his bonus is paid, with 50% retention and taking a +/- $1m AHL player back, we might actually be able to move him...

 

Sutter I'd only put 40/60 odds on moving even this summer personally. Our NHL caliber C depth is not that deep in case of injuries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, aGENT said:

IMO it's likely Roussel + Baer (cost us retention and/or assets on the latter) to clear cap . We'll see what happens with Eriksson... I'm hoping after his bonus is paid, with 50% retention and taking a +/- $1m AHL player back, we might actually be able to move him...

 

Sutter I'd only put 40/60 odds on moving even this summer personally. Our NHL caliber C depth is not that deep in case of injuries.

I'm okay with Roussel going next year. Ideally I think our bottom six should look something like this

 

Ferland(Big IF) - Gaudette - Virtanen

Motte - Beagle - MacEwen

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

We’ll know for sure in next hour and bit. This team could use one more NHL level defender. Someone is bound to be injured and guys like Benn/Fatenberg and Stetcher should not be in the top 4 D.

Stecher + for an upgrade or stand pat IMO.

 

Between Benn, a likely returning Tryamkin, Brisebois, Sautner, OJ, Rafferty etc we've got half decent depth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Canucks are out on Barrie according to TSN

relieved thank god GIF by Wiz Khalifa

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, riffraff said:

 

C05060A9-6888-4B21-A8A4-8AF01BD09C30.gif

All of a sudden, I want to go to a nunnery and be saved.

  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.