The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks interested in Tyson Barrie

brian42

8 minutes ago, kylecanuck said:

So what do you think it would cost to get him? And would it be worth the price if we aren't going to be able to resign him? Could Rafferty, or joulevi maybe have the same impact as Barrie?

well thats it.... whats it worth? depends how desperate Dubas is to keep his job :lol:

Looking back on his pairings, Ian Cole - Barrie was a good pairing. Cole made up for a lot of Barries problems, which I think Edler could do as well. 

I don't think Juolevi is anything like Barrie, and Rafferty by the reports needs to work on his defensive game too, at least this year. 

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Barrie will be very expensive, especially considering it being a seller's market and prices are already high. Also not many Dmen left on market.

Barrie for Tanev could be something but I'd rather keep Tanev. He and Quinn are very good together. 

if it is then hard pass.

If its Stecher + F prospect not named Hoglander or Podkolzin...  I don't know how you pass on that. Dubas isn't going to want to trade Barrie in the east either, I think of most places he'd like to send him our way.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

well thats it.... whats it worth? depends how desperate Dubas is to keep his job :lol:

Looking back on his pairings, Ian Cole - Barrie was a good pairing. Cole made up for a lot of Barries problems, which I think Edler could do as well. 

I don't think Juolevi is anything like Barrie, and Rafferty by the reports needs to work on his defensive game too, at least this year. 

Dubas is a dope... When was the last time there was a Canucks and Toronto trade? 

I don't know, edler doesn't have the best history as a solid defensive defenseman... He is having a good year, but I wouldn't want to be relying on him to cover up for his partners mistakes.. him and Myers seem to be playing well of each other and would like to keep it that way

I hear ya on neither of joulevi or Rafferty being quite ready, but I think they're both really close. Joulevis game will transfer over nicely to the NHL, I see him as a upgraded Tanev.. well I am wishing he is a upgraded Tanev hahahah

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

if it is then hard pass.

If its Stecher + F prospect not named Hoglander or Podkolzin...  I don't know how you pass on that. Dubas isn't going to want to trade Barrie in the east either, I think of most places he'd like to send him our way.

Maybe a stetcher plus Lockwood would be ok to.let go

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, kylecanuck said:

Dubas is a dope... When was the last time there was a Canucks and Toronto trade? 

Levio for spare AHL parts. 

1 minute ago, kylecanuck said:

Maybe a stetcher plus Lockwood would be ok to.let go

Thats what I was thinking. Maybe Lind. 

16 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

I loved him the second he rag dolled Myers. He'd definitely be a nice add. But I would not want Pod, Hog and maybe Woo being involved in the deal.

Ragdolled? He grabbed a pre-occupied Myers, and punched him before they could square up. It was a cheap shot to say the least.

Edited by PhillipBlunt
Correction of content
  • Cheers 3

13 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Manson is solid defensively while Risto is absolute garbage in his own zone.  I'd much prefer Manson, and honestly wouldn't take Risto for free.

12 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Hell, I'd be pissed if we took Barrie for free.  He simply doesn't belong in the NHL with the way he plays in his own end.  Leafs will have to add picks to get rid of that pylon.

Lol.

Spouting this kind of nonsense renders any take that you might have invalid.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Ragdolled? He sucker punched Myers. It was a cheap shot to say the least.

Not really, Myers seen him coming. And Myers was chuckin' knucks at Silverberg, I think it was him at least. So yeah. I'd say Myers got his ass handed to him, and rightfully so. If some 6'7 guy started throwing punches at Petey I am sure you'd be all over defending Roussel ragdolling some other guy and I doubt anyone would call it a "cheap shot". Myers got wrecked, and it's okay to take an L. I dig what he was going for. Lol.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Not really, Myers seen him coming. And Myers was chuckin' knucks at Silverberg, I think it was him at least. So yeah. I'd say Myers got his ass handed to him, and rightfully so. If some 6'7 guy started throwing punches at Petey I am sure you'd be all over defending Roussel ragdolling some other guy and I doubt anyone would call it a "cheap shot". Myers got wrecked, and it's okay to take an L. I dig what he was going for. Lol.

It was a sucker move.

The punch glances off the left side of the helmet. The momentum of the ambush is the reason Myers goes down. Saying he got 'wrecked' is a massive overstatement. 

Stop the vid around the 0.58 mark.

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

If I'm occupied with one player and another comes charging in and flies at me, it may not be a "sucker punch" but don't pretend Manson handily dropped him in a fair fight. That was 99% momentum from charging at and grabbing a player whose hands were busy.

Edited by Bitter Melon
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

From what I saw, Myers was still partially engaged with Silverberg at the time, and didn't have both hands free, so Manson did take advantage of that to grab him as he was off balance. Now, if they squared off like most fighters do, I'd agree with you but after watching the "fight" it was Manson taking advantage of a pre-occupied Myers.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Bitter Melon said:

If I'm occupied with another player and another comes charging in and flies at me, it may not be a "sucker punch" but don't pretend Manson handily dropped him in a fair fight. That was 99% momentum from charging at and grabbing a player whose hands were busy.

Great point. I'll state that it wasn't a sucker punch, but a punch by a sucker.

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Oh lets just call it a sucker move then.

Myers was occupied. Manson should have got in the middle and started to fight Myers like a man.

Also, why do people always expect tall dudes to be tough? I feel bad for tall dudes having to burden that. There is so much more to fighting than just length. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The problem with the term 'sucker punch' is it seems to have a different definition to everyone. Some people think a sucker punch is only from someone who doesn't even know you're there, others will say any strike you aren't completely squared up and bracing for is a sucker punch. Others have other definitions. Its a nebulous term.

Either way, I don't think its a sucker punch, and I don't take much umbrage with what Manson did, but acting like he owned Myers because he leapt at him like Superman while he wasn't ready to defend for it is just silly.

Edited by Bitter Melon
  • Cheers 1