The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) would you and if so what would you give up for Taylor Hall

Going after Hall  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No. We made our move for Toffoli. If AZ wants to part with him already they're going to want to recoup some of the assets they spent to get him, and those assets are things I'm not keen on giving up, particularly for Hall. If we do spend them it should be for help on the Blueline, but I'd still rather not.

7 hours ago, Alflives said:

Hall extends in Arizona.  They gave up the farm to get the guy, so no way are they letting him walk fir nothing.  Plus, no current playoff team is going to risk bringing Hall into their room.  

So, Arizona has a few contracts that are up and need to deals, Hall, Adin Hill, Lyubushkin, Fischer, Hinostroza and Richardson.

As of now according to capfriendly, Arizona has less than 800k in cap space for next season.

Hall is leaving Arizona. They can't pay him.

5 hours ago, Tystick said:

He would gel with Petey but like others have said, the cost outweighs the benefit.

Sorry i will have to disagree

I forget where i saw the video but it broke down the style of player Taylor Hall is.

As a winger he looks to set up his teammates more then shoot/be open for one timers etc.

Petey already has a LWer in Miller with a few prospects on the way.

Boeser has the skillset to excel with Miller and Petey. 

I might consider going after Taylor Hall but only if we can't sign Toffoli.  With our contract situation next year (Hughes, Petterson and Boeser, etc.), I can't see how we could fit Taylor Hall's contract under the cap. It would be nice but he is a little older than our young core and I think it would be extremely unlikely that we could fit Hall's contract under the cap.