The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Leafs LOST to a Zamboni Driver!

Rate this topic

Provost

11 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

a few of them I think

:huh:

Can’t believe SN actually banks on this guy. 

Actually, now that I think about it, they’re banking on him because Leaf fans give him the time of day to begin with.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Monty said:

I would love to see the rest of the league take digs at the Leafs in their home games for the rest of the season. Every time the Leafs come into a visiting arena, it’s “Zamboni Driver Appreciation Night.”

Whenever we score on them wrote rant 'Da-vid!!' 'Da-vid!!'"Da-vid!!'

Edited by Hairy Kneel

Funny story aside, how the heck does Clifford avoid any disciplinary action after giving a clear forearm into the face of the Hurricanes back up goalie? 
As much as CBC wanted to defend him, Clifford clearly knew what he was doing there. Should be a 3 game suspension minimum. If the Canucks did that to a Leaf goalie, you can bet CBC would be calling for a life ban, and the NHL would probably be imposing one.

The medium is the message.

• Cheers 2

33 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Funny story aside, how the heck does Clifford avoid any disciplinary action after giving a clear forearm into the face of the Hurricanes back up goalie? 
As much as CBC wanted to defend him, Clifford clearly knew what he was doing there. Should be a 3 game suspension minimum. If the Canucks did that to a Leaf goalie, you can bet CBC would be calling for a life ban, and the NHL would probably be imposing one.

The medium is the message.

I'd have to look at the video again....at game speed, I didn't even think it warranted a penalty. It looked to me like the zebras figured they had to give him something, because PM was injured....

Nov 6, 2016

Never forget these cocky lil' F***s running one of the twins. Martin mauling Stecher, & Fleas singing on the bench, in-game.

Then the league starts talking tough to F***ing Gudbranson, for defending vs these trolling antics! The media milked that game, so proud of their shiny young boy-toys. I even remember Babcock nonchalantly saying, "Boys will be boys."

They were on their way to a smooth, player turnover & impressive ascent. It's prime evidence of the importance of character/conduct, as you rebuild a team.

Thank HockeyGawds JB seems well-aware & proactive with such important detail.

This is an awesome story, I caught the end of the second period and figured if he had to stay in the Leafs would break through in the third but I was clearly wrong. All jokes aside though how do you only manage 7 shots on goal against that guy in the third period? That should be shoot from absolutely everywhere territory. 

4 hours ago, Monty said:

This guy was put in a commercial? :lol: 

:picard: 

The Leafs also cast a zamboni driver in a commercial to tuck in John Tavares... the same driver that beat them, so this is very on brand for them. 

But that this guy is somehow cast into the spotlight of a national network to give his opinion on the Leafs is like a rejected script for a Black Mirror episode.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Ah, but then you would miss the lovely, "It was like slowly watching 20,000 people stop being Leafs fans". (about 3:20+)

My personal favourite was what he said right after that:

'David Ayres says he's supposed to practice with the Leafs tomorrow. He's going to bring his game puck. Well, I hope he brings all their birth certificates too because now he's their dad, all of them.'

• Haha 1

When Ayers came in in the 2nd period and let his first 2 shots in he looked terrible, I thought the Leafs were going to score 10 goals on him. 

Once the 3rd started they hardly touched the puck for the rest of the game. Carolina played the night before and have been slumping lately, but they took it to the leafs in every facet of the game. Ayers made 8 saves for the win. The post game beer shower and speech by Brindamour was great. 

• Cheers 1