The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Leafs LOST to a Zamboni Driver!

Rate this topic

Provost

1 hour ago, Shift-4 said:

so funny how this story is taking away from the fact the leafs seriously sucked last night!  lol

I'd actually say it's brought even more attention to how badly the Leafs played yesterday.

If Ayres doesn't come into the game, the Canes probably win by a similar score and it's chalked up as another typical bad loss. Instead, the Leafs now have to deal with the utter shame of losing to a 42 year-old zamboni driver who works for them.

Edited by Brad Marchand
  • Haha 1

And on 'Dangle' the guy is an actor in his own mind. But I thoroughly enjoyed watching my first (and probably only) video of his production. It is a very funny rant about his own 'team' of choice. From a marketing perspective, probably not in the 'Laffs' best interest to use him in further advertisements. 

• Cheers 1

It seems to me like its actually pretty common for the team in a bad situation like the hurricanes were to eak out a win against the odds. I don't know why anyone is shocked or is making a big deal of it. Well that's a lie, I think I do and its because sports fans want nothing more than someone or some team to tear down.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, drdeath said:

This is an awesome story, I caught the end of the second period and figured if he had to stay in the Leafs would break through in the third but I was clearly wrong. All jokes aside though how do you only manage 7 shots on goal against that guy in the third period? That should be shoot from absolutely everywhere territory. 

The funniest thing was that Craig Simpson, at the beginning of the third, said that the Leafs should at least get 6-7 shots and they will most likely be rewarded with 4-5 goals. Guess what, the Leafs did get 6-7 shots but NO GOALS..

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

16 hours ago, Law of Goalies said:

The funniest thing was that Craig Simpson, at the beginning of the third, said that the Leafs should at least get 6-7 shots and they will most likely be rewarded with 4-5 goals. Guess what, the Leafs did get 6-7 shots but NO GOALS..

Glad that blew up in his face. He's one of the biggest Leaf Blowers out there.

• Cheers 1

I’m sorry, but I really hope this thread never dies. If the Leafs lose out of making the playoffs by a single point, even though they can blame their entire season for underperforming, everyone (and for good reason) would point to this game for the sole reason to them not making it.

I’m a fan of entertainment, not hockey. Whatever keeps me entertained has my money. And this is honestly the most entertaining thing to happen to regular season hockey in a very, very long time.

• Cheers 2