The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Boston Bruins at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 22, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

If you check the core prediction thread - I did not see us winning this game - Shame On Me

What a great game to watch - envy those that saw it live

Hope the team can carry the momentum on to the road

No passengers last night - great team effort

GCG

• Cheers 1

I just can’t get over just how talented Hughes is 

he has such speed and skill it allows him to take offensive risks knowing with just a few strides he can get back into position 

the offensive players on opposing teams just can’t track him down

his vision and hockey iq is at an elite level and the kid is a rookie 

my only fear is that he starts to become a huge target as games become bigger from here on 

we need to have zero tolerance if people take cheap shots and they would be cheap shots because nobody can catch up and corner the kid legally 

what a gem JB and crew found 

Edited by canuck2288
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

I have watched EP closely ever since he arrived and one thing stands out and imo separates him from other young superstars 

he was taught to play a complete game at a young age. Something we have gotten away from in Canada. Our system encourages goals  and offensive stars. It’s what hockey parents frankly want to see 

EP constantly is the first guy back and very rarely is his check open in the d zone. He plays a complete game 

do yourself a favour and track him during entire shift and you will see what I mean 

• Upvote 2

Just watching game now(PVR replay on SN).  Hadn’t set PVR originally and slept through game (battled some Norovirus on Friday, trust me you don’t  want).  How does Motte not get a penalty shot on that short handed breakaway?. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, sonoman said:

Just watching game now(PVR replay on SN).  Hadn’t set PVR originally and slept through game (battled some Norovirus on Friday, trust me you don’t  want).  How does Motte not get a penalty shot on that short handed breakaway?. 

Boston.  That's how.  

It's incredibly glaring at times.

• Cheers 1

What an effort to last night.  Everyone of the boys had great energy and played the best they could.  Even the much maligned Loui deserves credit.  It's amazing how well this team plays when everyone is hungry to win.  This game is a huge confidence booster and couldn't have happened at a better time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

he has such speed and skill it allows him to take offensive risks knowing with just a few strides he can get back into position 

my only fear is that he starts to become a huge target as games become bigger from here on 

we need to have zero tolerance if people take cheap shots and they would be cheap shots because nobody can catch up and corner them kid legally 

It's already happening and the response by the Nucks remains inadequate. I don't want to rain on a glorious win so will just say the Nucks payed great, Boston also played well but had $&!#ty  goaltending and we had stellar Marky.

• Wat 2

25 minutes ago, mpt said:

I didn’t know you could high stick a goaltender and not get a penalty.

Them he immediately followed up his “accidental” high stick (even though you are always responsible for your stick) with an “accidental” knee to Motte 

and we let the tiny punk live to see another day 

other than that we did step up our physical play

i actually like when they hit Jake because it seems to wake him up, he plays better when he is pissed. Dishes out some nice hits and scored a nice goal 

that’s the good Jake we need 

44 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

we need to have zero tolerance if people take cheap shots and they would be cheap shots because nobody can catch up and corner the kid legally 

We have to give JB and his scouts a lot of credit for uncovering gems like Hughes and Pettersson.  Soon we could be saying the same about Gaudette (149th pick).  And in the pipeline we have Podkolzin, Hoglander, Rafferty, Lind.  Boeser was a steal at 23rd overall.  And the gone-too-soon Tyler Madden was a 68th overall pick.

The future looks bright because of JB's solid, astute drafting in recent years.

• Cheers 1