The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | February (23-29) 2020

Rate this topic

So now I see the League is looking into this goalie beating the LEAFS,as how can this happen,

only millionaires can play BLAH BLAH BLAH!'Typical.

Man this is so embarrassing for the Leafs that now they are calling all the league mucky mucks to get this changed.That a regular Joe can come in (out of nowhere)and lay a whipping on them,BOO HOO FOR THE LEAFS.

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I was just looking at CapFriendly. Buffalo is paying on a buyout for Cody Hodgson $791K for the next 3 years. 

Ouch. Should have just put him on LTIR. 

He was healthy when bought out.  Teams are not allowed to buy out injured players.  Also teams who have players on ELCs try to avoid LTIR because of the bonus overages.  It’s only in Nashville that they discovered he had a heart condition.

2 minutes ago, mll said:

He was healthy when bought out.  Teams are not allowed to buy out injured players.  Also teams who have players on ELCs try to avoid LTIR because of the bonus overages.  It’s only in Nashville that they discovered he had a heart condition.

Heart? Wasn't it his back? Or is that a joke. ;)

4 hours ago, aqua59 said:

I'm looking at the Flames of late. I think they are in a bit of trouble on the depth end of things. They are keeping pace with the rest of the division but just barely.

I'm loven it. Any thoughts? Am I the only one seeing this?

I hate the Oilers, but I respect them for how they've played without McJesus. They don't have the same depth of talent as the Flames. On paper, the Flames should be way better than they are, so I enjoy seeing them lose. 

• Cheers 1

As it stands right now it appears that Calgary and Nashville are the most likely teams to get into the playoffs. The team I would like the nucks to face the most (if Van makes it in) would be Nashville. I actually think the other Pacific teams would give us some trouble over 7 games. Calgary would be a heated series but I don't think we match up well against them.