The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | February (23-29) 2020

Rate this topic

LeBrun on Insider Trading believes that Anderson will be traded in the summer.  There's been some tension between the Anderson side and CBJ on how the injury was handled.  It was initially announced as a 4 to 6 week recovery time back in December.

Anderson is 1 year to free agency and has arbitration rights.  Last negotiations were tough and he signed only a few days before the start of the season.  

Portzline believes that Anderson's ask is going to be in the 6M-6.5M.  Not many of those players around.  His agent made it clear that he is not going to sign on the cheap despite a lesser season.

Edited by mll
  • Upvote 1

Congratulations to the Blackhawks Dominic Kubalik on scoring his 1st career hat trick against Tampa last night.  The rookie now has 29 goals on the season and has been on fire lately with 19 in his last 22 games.

I often cringe whenever Bowman makes another one of his abortions of a trade, but the guy is pretty good at finding some Euro contributors.  Panarin, Kempny, Ruutta, Kahun, and now Kubalik....all having decent careers. Then again, Stan has traded away all those contributors, and they're all now contributing to a different team. Soooooooooooo, Kubalik for a 3rd sound about right?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

10 hours ago, mll said:

LeBrun on Insider Trading believes that Anderson will be traded in the summer.  There's been some tension between the Anderson side and CBJ on how the injury was handled.  It was initially announced as a 4 to 6 week recovery time back in December.

Anderson is 1 year to free agency and has arbitration rights.  Last negotiations were tough and he signed only a few days before the start of the season.  

Portzline believes that Anderson's ask is going to be in the 6M-6.5M.  Not many of those players around.  His agent made it clear that he is not going to sign on the cheap despite a lesser season.

I would definitely have interest in Anderson in the offseason. Big, strong RW who has shown goal scoring ability in the past (30 goal scorer last year) and plays a heavy, mean game. He is also friends with Horvat. However, if he is serious about getting a contract in the 6 million range, then I don't think we can fit him in.

• Huggy Bear 1

17 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

I would definitely have interest in Anderson in the offseason. Big, strong RW who has shown goal scoring ability in the past (30 goal scorer last year) and plays a heavy, mean game. He is also friends with Horvat. However, if he is serious about getting a contract in the 6 million range, then I don't think we can fit him in.

Little Things gets 6 million.  How about a Jake plus for Anderson?  (Got to dump Little Things first though)

1 hour ago, rekker said:

Wow, Coilers lose both AA and Green. That is back Hockey Gods luck.

AA, Yamamoto and Kris Russell practiced today and are game time decisions tomorrow, Kassian is back and Neal is skating and close to returning. Klefbom still at least a week away. Seems like almost every team is missing one or 2 of their key players right now.

• Cheers 1