The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PROPOSALS] Trade Deadline Moves

Sundin

Benning needs to be take advantage of the pressure on some teams (eg. Carolina)

1.  Trade Benn (LD) to FLORIDA for Mark Pysyk (RD) - Canucks had shown an interest in Pysyk earlier this year.  

2.  Trade Stecher (RD) and Goldobin to CAROLINA for Jake Bean (LD) and 1st Rd Pick (lower of TOR or CAR).

3.  Trade Virtanen, Demko and Tryamkin to MINNESOTA for Jonas Brodin (LD), Alex Stalock (G) and 1st Rd Pick (PITT) - Minnesota gets younger pieces to start their rebuild

4.  Trade Baertschi and 4th Rd Pick to NJ for Wayne Simmonds 

Playoff run roster ... Boeser and Leivo slotting into the lineup when they get healthy 

image.thumb.png.153e42585712f0be8f44ff3561835984.png

57 minutes ago, Sundin said:

Benning needs to be take advantage of the pressure on some teams (eg. Carolina)

1.  Trade Benn (LD) to FLORIDA for Mark Pysyk (RD) - Canucks had shown an interest in Pysyk earlier this year.  

2.  Trade Stecher (RD) and Goldobin to CAROLINA for Jake Bean (LD) and 1st Rd Pick (lower of TOR or CAR).

3.  Trade Virtanen, Demko and Tryamkin to MINNESOTA for Jonas Brodin (LD), Alex Stalock (G) and 1st Rd Pick (PITT) - Minnesota gets younger pieces to start their rebuild

4.  Trade Baertschi and 4th Rd Pick to NJ for Wayne Simmonds 

Playoff run roster ... Boeser and Leivo slotting into the lineup when they get healthy 

image.thumb.png.153e42585712f0be8f44ff3561835984.png

How about we just sign Tryamkin in 3 weeks (maybe less), and get ready for the playoffs?

• Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Lol

Just occured to me that these are the kind of proposals that will inevitably lead to @coastal.view having an aneurism.

:bigblush:

nah, i have mostly stopped commenting regularly on proposals

don't bother reading most

you triggered a notice by mentioning my name

so i thought i should come have a look

i see that q has stepped in

and comments on most proposals

he does a pretty bang up job

Edited by coastal.view
  • Haha 1

The only move I think the Canucks should try for is Roussel...  not sure it's possible but it's the only one that would shed a little payroll, and keep the dreams alive to make the playoffs and have the mostly the same depth once we get there.   Funny thing how when we wanted to be sellers nobody's interested in what we have (because, well we sucked), now there might be some interest but those guys matter to us more too.  Sutter for example.   

With Leivo and BB out get the TT rental.   But staying the course might be the best option.   None of these trades are remotely close ... 

• Cheers 1