The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Devils trade Louis Domingue to Canucks for Zane McIntyre

9 minutes ago, Tracksuit said:

Yikes I hope we don’t give up Demko just to get rid of LE. 
better we just save by not resigning the 30 year old markstrom. and he’s been our MVP but the body of work to this point doesn’t scream 4 more years of dominance. Geez it wasn’t long ago Nielsen and markstrom were equals. 

I hope Demko plays lights out so it makes markstrom expendable and solves the expansion and saves $$cap.

It is now 1.5 seasons that Markstrom has played top 5 calibre in the league... that is a solid body of work, especially in comparison to Demko who has effectively no body of work.

Markstrom has completely allayed my worries about not being able to sustain his play.  Paying him $5.5 million for a 4-5 year deal is our best bet right now.

Getting rid of LE for Demko would be a great deal for us.  You are trading just one year of Demko before losing him for free in the expansion draft.

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

I am very far away from Vancouver and news is limited. Pardon the question but is Domingue going to report to Vancouver or to Utica? And if it is Utica, who backs up DiPietro? Thanks. 

He'll backup Demko in Montreal. He's the #2 for up to the next 4 weeks.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, VforVirtanen said:

Interesting hearing Benning say he didn’t want to pull up DiPietro to not interfere with his development but if Demko falters is there a scenario that could happen? 

No keep DiP in minors keep his confidence up there , you gonna ruin his development in nhl if hes called up again and lets in 6 goals

2 minutes ago, VforVirtanen said:

Interesting hearing Benning say he didn’t want to pull up DiPietro to not interfere with his development but if Demko falters is there a scenario that could happen? 

Anything is possible, but if they can avoid it, they will. I think Demko can survive a month (knock on wood). This is his opportunity to give us a hard decision on who to be the starter next year. If Demko falters, then perhaps we don't need to worry about losing him in the expansion after all.

1 minute ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

No keep DiP in minors keep his confidence up there , you gonna ruin his development in nhl if hes called up again and lets in 6 goals

He's already been called up once this year and has looked much better than his first NHL game. It's better that he sticks in Utica, but it also isn't the end of the world if we require his services again.

1 minute ago, Qwags said:

Benning: Teams called us about Stecher. We never tried to move him. I like Troy Stecher.

Also said MacEwan brings toughness to our team

If there's a chance we can resign Toffoli we can move a piece out

We think theres a chance boeser is back before end of the season.

Ian Clark gave Canucks list of goalies to pursue. Domingue was near top of the list.

Markstrom injury happened against Boston

Hasnt ruled out trying to sign our upcoming UFAs

There were deals they could have made but he likes our group and doesnt want to mess with the chemistry

Moves in summer were made to take pressure off tanev and edler. Myers had played well for us, oscar too

Plan with Demko is all about his development.

In JIMBO i trust!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2