The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trade Deadline Discussion thread

Rate this topic

Toyotasfan

The volume of deals caught me off guard, I thought with the all the talk leading up to today it was gonna be mostly hype.

The Tyson Barrie rumor was crap as many knowledgeable Canuck fans would know it was a no go - just Toronto crap!

I think Washington did well for playoff contending teams and Montreal with LA moved their building process forward.

I think the Isles did well.  Ottawa for me is a big ol winner.  They did exactly what they needed to and potentially have 3 lottery picks IF the Isles fall from contention which, after a trade deadline can in fact happen as there is only 6 points separating the Islanders from 12th in the east as opposed to the 6th spot they're in right now.

For a cup contender, hard to say the Bolts and Caps didn't do the best.  

For a rebuilding team; gotta say Ottawa hit it out of the damned park.  They now have three 1st round picks, two currently in the top 6, 7 in the first 2 rounds and 13 total by the end of the 6th round while holding one of the listed top prospect pools in the league.

Edited by Warhippy
  • Thanks 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

21 minutes ago, YEGCanuck said:

The Oil and the Flamers have both made some moves that should put them a better position for the playoffs. The stretch drive just got more competitive. Bring it on!

OIlers got worse and smaller.  Ennis is a smurf and Green is an absolute trainwreck defensively.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

55 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I think the Isles did well.  Ottawa for me is a big ol winner.  They did exactly what they needed to and potentially have 3 lottery picks IF the Isles fall from contention which, after a trade deadline can in fact happen as there is only 6 points separating the Islanders from 12th in the east as opposed to the 6th spot they're in right now.

For a cup contender, hard to say the Bolts and Caps didn't do the best.  

For a rebuilding team; gotta say Ottawa hit it out of the damned park.  They now have three 1st round picks, two currently in the top 6, 7 in the first 2 rounds and 13 total by the end of the 6th round while holding one of the listed top prospect pools in the league.

I thought the Isles pick had lottery protection on it. If its lottery it moves to 2021.

23 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Which is what lottery pick means. Therefore, OTT can't get a lottery pick from the Isles in 2020

But they are still getting a mid to later round 1st in addition to two lottery picks. 

I didn't see the Vatenen trade coming. That was probably the only pick I wish the Canucks were in on. 

10 hours ago, Where's Wellwood said:

I thought the Isles pick had lottery protection on it. If its lottery it moves to 2021.

Only top 3 from my understanding and any pick outside of the bottom 15 is considered a lottery pick

Edited by Warhippy