The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver @ Montreal 4:00 PM

Rate this topic

-DLC-

2 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

He loves Yekaterinburg. It's his hometown. They have a players coach. But they do treat him slightly differently because they know he's leaving soon.

I don't know, it seems like a problem that's been going on longer than that.

"...it's clear the past couple of seasons have been turbulent and posed challenges. Nikita is not happy being in Yekaterinburg because he's not being used like he was expected to by the team." source

Sounds like exactly why he left Vancouver. I think this guy is gonna be a career headache.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

I'm so torn on him. Nothing but red flags in his attitude.

Left Vancouver because he didn't like how he was being deployed. Now, he's having the same reaction to his deployment with Yekaterinburg.

What's going to happen if he has a few off games and Green rightfully reduces his ice time for a game or two? He'll decide to bolt again?

The guy just doesn't know what it means to be part of a team.

I'd say we exhaust all options with a Dman of that size. Hopefully maturity kicks in and he's able to see the window of opportunity he has to be better. It'll be up to him.

If he's still an entitled diva with the talent we have now, different coach, after a year back ... the writing will be on the wall. 

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I'd say we exhaust all options with a Dman of that size. Hopefully maturity kicks in and he's able to see the window of opportunity he has to be better. It'll be up to him.

If he's still an entitled diva with the talent we have now, different coach, after a year back ... the writing will be on the wall. 

Yeah for sure, good point. Since he's a "free" asset, might as well give him one more shot.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

I'm so torn on him. Nothing but red flags in his attitude.

Left Vancouver because he didn't like how he was being deployed. Now, he's having the same reaction to his deployment with Yekaterinburg.

What's going to happen if he has a few off games and Green rightfully reduces his ice time for a game or two? He'll decide to bolt again?

The guy just doesn't know what it means to be part of a team.

Yup. I have a hard time accepting a 22 year old hockey player letting his wife sway his decision to play hockey at the highest level and just quitting after the first sign of adversity. Usually people who are not all in don't make the NHL, in fact most who are all in don't make the NHL, let alone those who don't have the commitment necessary to do whatever it takes, and take every opportunity afforded them.

• Cheers 1