The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Montreal Canadiens | Feb. 25, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Yes. Madden. It's simultaneously amusing and frustrating how one of our top prospects suddenly becomes garbage after being moved out. 

he's not garbage, he's a pretty solid prospect. if his development goes well he has a shot at becoming an undersized ... tyler toffoli ...

Edited by tas
  • Cheers 2

Boy they sure love their “boooos” @ Centre Bell. Loud and angry. 

Great overtime period. That was some excellent work and perfect positioning. And a touch of elite talent, I guess. 

I’m really glad I decided to go tonight. Great win.

• Cheers 4

1 hour ago, Grape said:

Not a good game for Hughes at all; until OT, when his presence tired out the Habs and allowed Bo and TT to create their magic.

Let’s give him the benefit of the doubt. His first game in Montreal got to him. And the Habs played him hard from puck drop. They pressured him more than I’ve seen any team this year. 

16 minutes ago, 1-d said:

Skipping over the senators Thursday if they just hand us over 2 pts at the airport? :P

Those are the most dangerous games. The Canucks better be ready for that one.

The Senators are playing spoilers at this point. The Canucks can not afford one game day off.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Grape said:

Not a good game for Hughes at all; until OT, when his presence tired out the Habs and allowed Bo and TT to create their magic.

That’s what it is with elite players. They can have a bad game and still bite you in the capital A.

• Cheers 2

Just now, tas said:

he's not garbage, he's a pretty solid prospect. of his development goes well he has a shot at becoming an undersized ... tyler toffoli ...

A much younger, cheaper, less free-agent-after-the-season-ends version too. 

Amazing. Say I still don't like the trade because of the assets given up, but praise the player, and get jumped on. 

22 minutes ago, BPA said:

Honestly, if LE doesn't retire after his signing bonus, I wouldn't mind if JB traded a 1st + LE to another team if it means we can re-sign Toffoli. 

Just imagine:

Miller EP Brock

Pearson Bo Tofu

??? Gaudette JV

Motte Beagle ???

We could potentially have 7-9 players with 20 goals next season. 

:)

Ferland if he can stay healthy and find that in your face style game. That third line could bw a pain in the ass. Roussel will definitely be on the fourth line. If were to see any changes, it would most likely be on the back end. 

1 hour ago, Grape said:

He got rattled pretty early on. Growing pains and all that. As much as Domi is rat-faced douche for going after him, it gave him a taste of what to expect as he continues to garner more attention. Knowing Hughes, he'll be able to adjust just fine. It's just the first time it's really happened to him. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

A much younger, cheaper, less free-agent-after-the-season-ends version too. 

Amazing. Say I still don't like the trade because of the assets given up, but praise the player, and get jumped on. 

If Toffoli resigns for 3-4 years, it will be a win for us. He has been a perfect fit so far. 

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 2

32 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

looking forward to eriksson and sutter roussel and beagle  not being on team what a waste of 16.3 mill in cap guys are plugs provide no grit id rather just give youngsters a chance like macewen. 

Agree.

Miller-EP-Toffoli

Pearson-Horvat-MacEwen

MacEwen-Gaudette-Virtanen

Motte-MacEwen-MacEwen

FTW.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2