The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Montreal Canadiens | Feb. 25, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Still not a fan of the trade but Sticky Toffee is one hell of a fit with this team. 5 points in 3 games so far. Hopefully he'll keep up a good pace and his improved production can give him some extra initiative to stick around. 

Lol...you gave your head a shake. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Curmudgeon said:

Let’s be realistic. Tryamkin may not be an NHL defenceman, but he may be. We won’t know until we see how he adjusts to the NHL after three average seasons in the KHL, a league not on par with the NHL. Besides that, let’s say he becomes available in late March when the team is in a high stakes chase for the playoffs. Do you really want to bring in somebody as a project who hasn’t been here all season and has zero chemistry with anybody? And on top of that, there’s no evidence that his English skills are any better than they were when he left. And do you sit Stecher, who delivers 12-15 solid minutes a night and bleeds blue and green?

Honestly, I just don’t get all this Tryamkin adoration. There is zero evidence he is ready to step in and play at NHL calibre level. Mere gigantism is no guarantee of hockey skill. If he’s coming over early, he’ll need time to adjust to EVERYTHING. He should be targeting training camp to try and earn a job. If he shows he’s earned it, excellent. If not, buh-bye.

You don't need to know English to ragdoll a 6' forward out of the crease. But I'm sure his English has improved.

Game 6 when the refs put their whistles away against St Louis or Boston even tonight. Your going to want some who can finish checks. 

Stecher's great but doesn't match up against some of the brutes he faces. 

Tryamkin would have had a good read on Domi tonight.Bam!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

You don't need to know English to ragdoll a 6' forward out of the crease. But I'm sure his English has improved.

Game 6 when the refs put their whistles away against St Louis or Boston even tonight. Your going to want some who can finish checks. 

Stecher's great but doesn't match up against some of the brutes he faces. 

Tryamkin would have had a good read on Domi tonight.Bam!

He has to catch him first. 
Is Tryamkin that good a skater?

1 minute ago, bad alice french said:

He has to catch him first. 
Is Tryamkin that good a skater?

Tree’s best asset (other than his size and super human strength) is he’s a really good skater.  Domi has a nick name of Dummy.  He’d go after Tree, and get squished.  

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

What criteria are you using? He isn’t in the top 30 defenceman in points in the KHL. He isn’t even the highest scoring defenceman on his own team. So if scoring isn’t your yardstick, what is it and how do you measure it to claim he is one of the very best men in the league? I am legitimately curious to know what information you have that I have yet to find.

People like me? You mean people who are cautious and want hard information rather than opinions based on I don’t even know what? Find me some legitimate evidence to back up your claim. And yeah, that’s what people like me want to see.

The answer is the same to both of your questions

You are ignoring that Benning and Co are scouting him and wanting him back

You are ignoring their interest in him, you are ignoring the obvious

You are looking for cracks in arguments, because you choose to ignore their interest

I am not saying the KHL is the NHL, but if Benning says he wants him back, and he has

Then that is a pretty good indication, of how he sees Tryamkin's skill set and that he values him

I would suggest, you get on the right side of this and pull for him too!

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, xereau said:

A few games ago, @duodenum posted an advanced stats for the whole season, and the canucks were among the worst in the entire league for giving up HQ scoring chances.

VAN&key=fe23802b6394f4f3366e1b059205ed0b

This stands in the face of the assertion that the "collapse system limits chances to the outside".

People do have legitimate concerns over the system they see before them, as not everyone talks out their ass.

Less shots coming from further out, more coming from closer in.

They can tighten up, is the bottom line on the discussion. They played lights out vs Boston, and they can do it again.

And no, being badly outshot is not sustainable in the playoffs.

Thanks, I tried to find something like that through a google search and I kept getting sent to a TSN page with the standings, and your right, this does show they need to tighten up defensively and puts into perspective just how good Marky and Demko have been 

• Cheers 1