Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Montreal Canadiens | Feb. 25, 2020

Rate this topic

5 hours ago, TGT68 said:

Remind me why Toffoli is not on Horvat's line.  Lol

Toffoli has very high hockey IQ and thinks the game at a level with Petey and Miller. Jake is much better this year, but he still doesn't think the game at their level. I wouldn't mind Jake on Bo's line as they are more of a transition line where Petey and Miller tend to be more of a cycle, play-making line. Toffoli might be the perfect match for Petey and Miller, higher hockey IQ than even Brock, who is pretty much only a finisher where Toffoli is a great finisher, but he can distribute too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theo5789 said:

4 points in 2 games prior to tonight on Petey's line would suggest he was doing just fine. They were dangerous tonight too, just didn't bury their chances.

You can see why Toffoli stands out as a top 6 forward as he has swift hands, good vision and knows how to bury a puck.

It seems like Toffoli plays well with everybody. Jake and Gaud getting pushed down to the 3rd line makes a dangerous line there with some spunk to it too. Especially when Boes comes back ,and then goodbye ericson, the top 6 will be sick with youth and skill throughout followed by mad depth.

Playoffs should be fun !:canucks:

5 hours ago, Arrow 1983 said:

Has anyone notice Toffoli looks like Boeser

Toffoli, the Flow 2.0

Honestly, all around game, Toffoli is better than Brock. He's more responsible defensively, he may not have Brock's finish, but he's a better skater and is a better passer with a higher hockey IQ.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

It seems like Toffoli plays well with everybody. Jake and Gaud getting pushed down to the 3rd line makes a dangerous line there with some spunk to it too. Especially when Boes comes back ,and then goodbye ericson, the top 6 will be sick with youth and skill throughout followed by mad depth.

Playoffs should be fun !:canucks:

When Brock gets back, he'll be either second or third line, I'm pretty sure Toffoli is stuck to Petey and Miller for the duration. Even though Petey was fighting the puck tonight, that line was still dangerous because of Miller and Toffoli's play. Petey should have had two tonight. Also keeping Toffoli with Miller and Petey increases the chances he signs with us after the season, because he can see the potential of winning a scoring title and another cup.

5 hours ago, bad alice french said:

I guess you don't like making the playoffs then.

Could you imagine Gaudette, Macewan and Bailey out there hanging on to the lead or scrambling for a tie with a minute left in the game?

Sutter and Beagle and even Louie are our primary penalty killers.

Just nuts when I read posts like this. Yeah these guys are cap challenging but we would be in a black hole without the core leaders on this team.

This exactly, it seems sometimes people don't understand if you have a team full of talented offensive guys you are not going to go anywhere. It's a team game you need the grinders and penalty killers.

• Hydration 1

5 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

That’s a rookie coaching move he should have used many many times in the past. Your praise of that just proves how bad a coach he is.

:bored: Um, How many tv time outs are there each period? :bored: Might be using those as time outs, so that he can save the called time for when it might be needed late in the game. Juuuuuust satin.

7 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Told you guys we got the best player on tdl.

3 goals 5 Pts in 3 games for Toffoli.

Hey man I told you

• Hydration 2

My thoughts on the game

Demko -  looked nervous at times but when he needed to make a save he did. Especially being down 2-0 . Only going to get more comfortable from here. Excited for him.

Roussel - tonight he was the Roussel of old. Dragging the team in the fight and sticking up for Hughes and Gaud.

Sutter - soft as hell and needs to sit. Loui is skating hard and grinding out the game. Sutter man alive hate him as much as I did Tim Schaller. MacEwen would be way better.

Hughes/Petey - Didn't have great games but thats okay. Didn't hurt us. Mostly unlucky plays

It's scary to think that despite 2 big wins Vancouver is just 5 points from being out of the Wild Card spot :blink:

• Confused 1

That Byron goal was really bad.  Not sure who is the third man back in that situation but Pearson or Bo have to have him covered.  

5 hours ago, stawns said:

They should have had 3 more.  Hughes and Petey looked intimidated for two periods, but both played well in the third and OT.  They both need to stop looking to the refs everytime something happens.......it's the stretch drive, you're not going to draw the calls you did in December.

Spot on Stawns...

From here on in it will be tougher on the ice... and this will be a steep learning curve for our younger players.... 

As our best players Petersson and Hughes have marks on their backs, but the addition of both Miller and Toffoli and their play off experience (together with Beagle) will be of immense value in that department... 

Somehow I'm actually happy about it as well... This gives them a chance to get accustomed to the lack of calls, while there is still room for manoeuvre,

This is what Benning wanted the younger part of the team to learn and understand, by playing play off hockey.

Getting two point yesterday was a great start.

• Hydration 1
  • Sedinery 1

5 hours ago, Me_ said:

YUMMEEEEEHHHHHHHH

Question:

Who gets #88?

Gaudette could go 80 or 81, pretty cool numbers still. Good question though. 

8 hours ago, ilduce39 said:

Not only was he a great fit as a player - guy who scores and plays a grittier game - but he’s bringing that “cup winner” swagger and leadership that young teams like ours often covet.  Just an all around great pickup. 

This... So exactly how I feel about Toffoli... Pearson is the same... Never too up, never too down. We got this attitude... I am officially sold on Toffoli.

1 hour ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

That Byron goal was really bad.  Not sure who is the third man back in that situation but Pearson or Bo have to have him covered.  

To be honest I think that ones on hughes.

Quick thoughts:

- Not our best game but still two points. Pure gold.

- Great game by Demko. He is strong minded, love the fact he was able to stay confident after two early goals.

- Captain Bo is the leader and shows up when we need  confidence to start the comeback.

- Look at Canucks’ record with Motte on the ice. He brings so much to the team.

- OT was impressive. We are so skilled.

• Hydration 3

6 hours ago, Me_ said:

Imagine that though...

TRYAMKIN - MYERS

:blink: - :blink: - :blink:

The twin towers of Vancouver....

• Hydration 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

I’ve been streaming majority of the game’s as of late and I’ve notice toffoli and horvat have some proper chemistry between the two. Whenever they play together they click.  Add Pearson to the mix and that line will be something to watch.  I hope they are together when boeser gets back.  

hughes is just so unreal to watch. When he has the puck it’s just amazing how he gets around everyone or How quickly he can loose the man covering him. 

I don’t mind giving up madden at all for toffey!  He’s good, but I don’t think he would’ve signed here. Look at the center depth... no way he strives for 4th line.  

I love this team!   

Edited by sassbs

6 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

And Green

Way too many shots against, I think you know that 

what was the final count in scoring chances?