The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Montreal Canadiens | Feb. 25, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

9 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Every move he makes, every vow he breaks, every smile he fakes, every claim he stakes, he'll be watching you.

Every single play  and every hit you slay
Every game you play, every night you cray, I'll be watching you

every move you make..every stick you break

every smile Bo makes every assist you stake

we'll be watching you

• Haha 2
  • Wat 1

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I do give Green credit for the time out when we were down 2-0.  

Me too........#

Many times this year I have yelled at the telly for Green to take a time out when the team is crapping the bed.

He did it perfectly last night.

Maybe Green is too bad at all....? Maybe he is growing just like the young team on the ice?....

"SAY! I LIKE GREEN EGGS AND HAM! I DO! I LIKE THEM, SAM-I-AM! AND I WOULD EAT THEM IN A BOAT. AND I WOULD EAT THEM WITH A GOAT... AND I WILL EAT THEM, IN THE RAIN. AND IN THE DARK. AND ON A TRAIN. AND IN A CAR. AND IN A TREE. THEY ARE SO GOOD, SO GOOD, YOU SEE!

• Huggy Bear 1

24 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Demko stole that game.  I know the spin from Green was “Demko gave us a chance to win”, but that to me means the team played poorly and Demko was the reason we won.  I firmly believe we have really good players.  I think we actually have way better players than our record indicates.  

I do give Green credit for the time out when we were down 2-0.  That was really smart.  

Gerard Gallant seemed like he really wanted to coach The Canucks when he was on TSN for the trade deadline. I just don't think Green is getting fired unless the team falls apart in the last 20 games and misses the playoffs.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IBatch said:

It's pretty sad really, how after three games BB is considered expendable.   We need as many guys like him, a little worse or better in their ealry 20's as we can.   Can't imagine why some are giving up on him so quick ...  look at any player not named Bure or Linden and see what he's accomplished at his age already.  The WCE and Sedin teams played a lot better in their late 20's then they did off the hop.  It's very rare that a player doesn't get better with time and experience...and even if he's peaked he was around 4th in scoring for R wingers when he went down.  Good grief - sometimes I wonder about our fan base.   Fickle.   TT has been great so far - he is playing for a contract after all, and his career year was the one before his last contract wasn't it?   Would be awesome if we could keep them both and it is possible.   My money is on BB becoming a very very good player at 25-32.   Trading for picks is idiotic unless it's at least a couple firsts, and lottery tickets at that (below 16).   Trading for a RHD of similar age ability ok maybe too.   But still would rather just keep him.  

Loui (little things) and Sutter (foundational piece) are friggin’ expendable.  Do whatever it takes, but get these two guys off the books.  Then sign Tofu and OF COURSE keep Bess.  

Bess

Tofu

Jake

That's some seriously strong right wing.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, peaches5 said:

Gerard Gallant seemed like he really wanted to coach The Canucks when he was on TSN for the trade deadline. I just don't think Green is getting fired unless the team falls apart in the last 20 games and misses the playoffs.

I didn’t see that Gallant interview.  I’d bet there are a lot of coaches who’d love to coach our team.  We have really good, young players.  Maybe Green leads us to a Cup? 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I didn’t see that Gallant interview.  I’d bet there are a lot of coaches who’d love to coach our team.  We have really good, young players.  Maybe Green leads us to a Cup? 

He was an analyst covering the trade deadline for TSN. He spoke very highly of them and then someone said something about Travis Green and how good he has coached them and he kinda just gave this nod which I was thinking like yea he is thinking I can coach them better than he has, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, canuck2288 said:

Winning and assuming all is well and never fine tuning or dealing with deficiencies leads to complacency 

have you ever heard of BlackBerry? 

it’s frustrating when the few fans that are willing to highlight where we can improve are shot down “because we won” 

While I'm not going to argue that they can be better defensively (they can), I'll take 3 shots from the perimeter to two shots in high danger areas, all day, every day.

The shot clock does not tell the entire story.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

Green is living a coaches dream. IMO He’s able too play the T Green system. He has the players.

Green is not thinking “well we gotta play this or that way cuz we don’t have the players for it” or “ I’d love to play this system but can’t”

Green has the Team playing Greens way...again this is just in My opinion.

Edited by HockeyHarry

4 minutes ago, Disgruntler said:

Green's unwillingness to take timeouts this season has driven me around the bend. Great to see him take advantage of it last night for the turnaround.

Props.

Welcome to November 2019. Green has made many timely timeouts since and shouldn't really be a concern anymore.

• Cheers 4

33 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

He was an analyst covering the trade deadline for TSN. He spoke very highly of them and then someone said something about Travis Green and how good he has coached them and he kinda just gave this nod which I was thinking like yea he is thinking I can coach them better than he has, lol.

If that is true, it's pretty arrogant coming from someone in the unemployment line. Perhaps he isn't the right coach and deservingly fired from two teams despite decent results.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, aGENT said:

While I'm not going to argue that they can be better defensively (they can), I'll take 3 shots from the perimeter to two shots in high danger areas, all day, every day.

The shot clock does not tell the entire story.

Who has possession of the puck in our zone if they’re getting all those (albeit low danger chances) shots?  

4 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

If that is true, it's pretty arrogant coming from someone in the unemployment line. Perhaps he isn't the right coach and deservingly fired from two teams despite decent results.

The best coaches are arrogant mofu’s.  Scotty Bowman, Al Arbor, Glenn Sather, etc.  

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The best coaches are arrogant mofu’s.  Scotty Bowman, Al Arbor, Glenn Sather, etc.  

Different times now. The respect culture seems to the more well adapted one. If Gallant has a mindset that he thinks he can do a better job (despite Green still working and he's out of a job), then that doesn't seem to show a whole lot of respect. In today's game, I'd argue that Trotz is the best in the game, but I don't see a whole lot of arrogance coming from him (although I can't say I follow him enough in that kind of detail to know).