Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Montreal Canadiens | Feb. 25, 2020

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

 

Uh oh...

 

sounds like its Bender time...

Edler- Stecher

Hughes - Tanev 

Fanta- Benn

 

Hope its a minor Myer illness 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, spook007 said:

Snap.... I keep thinking the same thing... and wonder if that someone could end up being Boeser?

I don't want him gone. On the contrary, but 1+1=2, and no matter how its being twisted and turned, if they don't get rid of some of the usual suspects (Loui, Baer, Ruos, Sutter, Benn), hard decisions will have to be made...

 

Mind you, on the list of expendables, I think he is a good bit down the list behind Stecher, Tanev and maybe even Pearson... but I think it all comes down to how we fair during these play offs, provided we qualify....

 

Anyway, I always come to the same conclusion.... JB has a plan already. And it may not even include Tofoli in the future, although I think even Benning will have been taken aback at how well Toffoli has fitting with the rest of the team.... which is far better, that could have been hoped for, for a rental.

JB has a plan for our cap fir sure, but if his plan to manage our cap involves trading away bad contracts that requires another GM to participate.  Is that a plan or a hope? 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our compete level is still low the hustle is not where it should be with the race beeing so close they really need to bury teams and be aggressive right out the gate i see way to many fly bys and not enough hitting 

 

-rousell is not hitting at all and has been pretty invisible i would demote him to the 4th line and put motte up with gauds and tuna 

 

- defensive zone breakdowns have been bad we need to button up defensively if we are going to be effective coming down the stretch 

 

-beeing outshot every game has to change to many trys at perfect plays throw the pucks on net 

 

we got the 2 points thats all that matters onto ottawa which if they play agressively will be an easy W 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

Can an NHL team survive one year where zero draft picks make the show? (i feel like we've done this in the past unintentionally with a poor draft year) 

Right now, cupboard is stocked, the team is relatively young. We don't have first and second round picks. Do you package Erikson with a 3rd and a 5th to try to offload him? 

Do you package Baerstchi with a 4th and offload him? 

Trade Sutter without picks involved? 

This means Judd and JB can just chill out on draft day. 

 

I think 1 year of no draft would suck for the fans but won't be detrimental to the team in the long run.  Not every pick will play in the NHL.  But the more picks you have increases the chances that you will get some players that can make it or at least provide depth on the AHL team.

 

Because JB and Brackett have drafted well, Canucks have a cushion with up and coming prospects.  They can afford to trade draft picks to shore up the problem areas.  I just don't want to see the Canucks keep trading their 2nd round pick for rentals every year like they did in the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alflives said:

JB has a plan for our cap fir sure, but if his plan to manage our cap involves trading away bad contracts that requires another GM to participate.  Is that a plan or a hope? 

That's the 64.000$ question... 

It takes two to tango, so yes it needs somebody else to participate to get rid of those surplus to requirements.... hence the big question mark of who pays the price if nobody is willing to dance... again, I'm sure JB has a plan. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Anyway, I always come to the same conclusion.... JB has a plan already. And it may not even include Tofoli in the future, although I think even Benning will have been taken aback at how well Toffoli has fitting with the rest of the team.... which is far better, that could have been hoped for, for a rental.

When we make the playoffs ('when', not 'if'), I expect (I am a homer) the Canucks to have considerable success.

Without going into the reasons for my optimism, I profer the idea that many Canucks will have positive feelings about the team as a result.

It will help JB's plan to have a tightly-knit team that knows it can win and with whom they will want to remain.

My conclusion therefore is that it will be easier for management to fit the pieces together after said success.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Topcheeze86 said:

Our compete level is still low the hustle is not where it should be with the race beeing so close they really need to bury teams and be aggressive right out the gate i see way to many fly bys and not enough hitting 

 

-rousell is not hitting at all and has been pretty invisible i would demote him to the 4th line and put motte up with gauds and tuna 

 

- defensive zone breakdowns have been bad we need to button up defensively if we are going to be effective coming down the stretch 

 

-beeing outshot every game has to change to many trys at perfect plays throw the pucks on net 

 

we got the 2 points thats all that matters onto ottawa which if they play agressively will be an easy W 

The compete level has been really good the last few games, take out the first half of the period yesterday. 
 

Rousell hasn’t been playing as good as he can but I wouldn’t change the lines. The 4th line is a beast and the 3rd line has some chemistry.

 

People keep saying we need to let less shots but our goaltenders seems to thrive with more shots. I feel like we’ve lost more games when we’ve keep em under 30

 

Also there are no “Easy” points in the NHL. Ottawa more then likely will bring a good game tomorrow 

Edited by Devron44

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, bree2 said:

he is also 27 been in the league a lot longer and was on a Stanley cup team, of course he has more experience than Brock who just turned 23.   really not  fair to compare them, but lets compare this! before Brock got injured  he had 45 points and when Toffoli came here he had 33 points. 

I’ve said before but too many people around here think Bess is 35 years old lol

  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

When we make the playoffs ('when', not 'if'), I expect (I am a homer) the Canucks to have considerable success.

Without going into the reasons for my optimism, I profer the idea that many Canucks will have positive feelings about the team as a result.

It will help JB's plan to have a tightly-knit team that knows it can win and with whom they will want to remain.

My conclusion therefore is that it will be easier for management to fit the pieces together after said success.

I believe they make it as well, but don't say it out loud... the last time someone had us for sure making the play offs, we went on a losing streak :P... so for now at least,  I chose to play along until we're sure...

 

I don't know, how well we'll do, but obviously hope we do really well. However the experience of play off hockey will be invaluable for this team and management team going forward. And yes agree it will be easier to to fit pieces together afterwards. Anyone in hockey can see this team has tremendous potential, so a lot of players would like to be part of this...

Edited by spook007
  • Hydration 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, spook007 said:

That's the 64.000$ question... 

It takes two to tango, so yes it needs somebody else to participate to get rid of those surplus to requirements.... hence the big question mark of who pays the price if nobody is willing to dance... again, I'm sure JB has a plan. 

Yup.  What’s the cost to us to dump those contracts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Alflives said:

JB has a plan for our cap fir sure, but if his plan to manage our cap involves trading away bad contracts that requires another GM to participate.  Is that a plan or a hope? 

All he has to do is pick up the phone and call Dorian.   He's determined to get every draft pick the next couple of years and I'm sure he'd oblige (plus determined to ice an AHL team to get best odds for said draft picks ha ha ha). 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

 

Rink rats who have no life outside of hockey.  I absolutely love these two!  :wub:

Stay away from the girls! 

Edited by Alflives
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, bree2 said:

he is also 27 been in the league a lot longer and was on a Stanley cup team, of course he has more experience than Brock who just turned 23.   really not  fair to compare them, but lets compare this! before Brock got injured  he had 45 points and when Toffoli came here he had 33 points. 

but I would take Toffoli in our own end 1000x more than BB6.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.