The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators | Feb. 27, 2020 - 4:30 PM PST

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

Just now, Alflives said:

Our systems are bad for getting us into the game.  We are passive. 

“Ok guys - go out there and don’t bother moving your feet. Forwards - make sure you don’t support the D. Dmen take your time - they probably won’t check or pressure you....PS Loui, I love you” - ....what Alf thinks Green says in the locker room pregame. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, We_Are_All_Canucks_4_life said:

I am hoping it's because he doesn't get many games. So hopefully this stops happening soon.

This was Marky's problem last year. He has eliminated it from his game, but it didn't happen overnight. It's a big ask for Demko to remove that from his game for this stretch. That's the problem of running your starter into the ground and then he gets hurt.

Just now, Templeton Peck said:

I don't think they got off to a bad start like some are saying. That weak goal and the lack of push back right after on the other hand...

No but you can't always be down a goal to start games. For instance that powerplay you have to learn to have that killer instinct to get a goal to show you are a great team. They just have the attitude that its ok to be down because we can come back. I hate that attitude. Take it to teams.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, rychicken said:

“Ok guys - go out there and don’t bother moving your feet. Forwards - make sure you don’t support the D. Dmen take your time - they probably won’t check or pressure you....PS Loui, I love you” - ....what Alf thinks Green says in the locker room pregame. 

Our systems do have us standing and then we end up chasing.  

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

It might wake him up. He needs to start dominating. He really hasn't done much lately.

Still plenty of games to go, but not liking the trend of Petey slowing down the stretch of the season for a second year in a row.