The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators | Feb. 27, 2020 - 4:30 PM PST

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

1 minute ago, hockeyking said:

Not correct +- doesn't include powerplay points which he has 40 points so the actual calculation is roughly 99-40+11 = 60 not 110.

Ah. didnt realize that powerplay points didn't count count toward your plus minus. 

Interesting. 

Thanks for the info. learning is always fun isnt it. 

It would have likely still been incorrect just because Leon is on the ice for more goals than he registers points on... 

Was really just supposed to be some dry humour... but ... here we are.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, brownky said:

This is completely unrelated to our game but...

Leon Draisaitl has 99 points. He's minus 11.

...How does one even go about that? There's one-way play, then there's that. Yikes.

Plus minus is about 5 on 5 play.  LD and McRib are both terrible defensively.  If they don’t have the puck, they are liabilities to their team.  That’s why I love Petey.  He gets all the hard matchups, but is still a plus player.  He is more interested in being a complete player, and helping his team win, than he is in just getting points.  For offensive minded players (guys who put up points) plus minus is a very good indicator of their commitment to winning.  For defensive players plus minus is a no good stat.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

as per J-Pat:  "12 players dressed for the Senators have no more than one goal in the NHL." 

Dam Ottawa you depressing.

And yet there are still those out there who think Ottawa is in a more enviable spot than Vancouver because they happen to have to buttload of draft picks over the next couple of years.

45 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

If he's still "recovering" why is he playing? Maybe he should sit in the pressbox and continue to "recover" rather than taking up a roster spot that a fully healthy player like MacEwen could make better use of.

because the coach and gm feel that what he brings to the team is more than what the other options do. furthermore, if he's been cleared to play, you have to let him play. 

trust the people who actually have a clue. 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, tas said:

because the coach and gm feel that what he brings to the team is more than what the other options do. furthermore, if he's been cleared to play, you have to let him play. 

trust the people who actually have a clue. 

So that takes you off the list. Cool!

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Oh, I guess that is for the season, not career. Still grim as hell though, lol. 

Still have to play the right way in order to win.  The Sens will trap and wait for turnovers.  We need to play smart, and not fall into their trap.  And how about Green gives the room a pre game speech that gets them awake?  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Ronning4center said:

dude when was the last time you had surgery and a month later you were 100 percent elite athlete form?  He's clearly out for the remainder of the season.

Well, I've never been one of those so never. 

However, A ) not all surgeries are the same B ) there's been nothing to suggest that Markstrom will be out for the remainder of the season. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, Ronning4center said:

dude when was the last time you had surgery and a month later you were 100 percent elite athlete form?  He's clearly out for the remainder of the season.

Is this about the Marky knee scope?  If so, then definitely he’s done for the rest of the regular season.  He’s a goalie, and it’s his knee.  Marky might actually have played his last game for us in that Boston beat down.  

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

Just now, HerrDrFunk said:

Well, I've never been one of those so never. 

However, A ) not all surgeries are the same B ) there's been nothing to suggest that Markstrom will be out for the remainder of the season. 

That and we can expect all the greatest treatments one could possibly receive. There also is the fact that he is already in top near end of season shape, allowing his fitness level to be more ready when he comes back as opposed to if this injury was at the beginning of the season.

• Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Just took this shot of a small part of my yard .... its snowing but t-shirt weather, minus 2 or so.   Not that bad really ... the 96 snow storm was a lot worse ... we got 48" of snow where I lived in Victoria ... and we didn't have snow plows ha ha.  

Now.... 30 minutes from downtown, a couple of acres, zero mortgage for over ten years.  It's like settling for an old girlfriend you get along with well but don't really love that much, but her family is wealthy and they buy you a nice house to live in and put 750k into your bank account just because.  It's not all that bad - but you do pine over the one that got away...

image.jpg

I was at UVIC at the time and was travelling back from the Okanagan......they closed the Coq about an hour behind us.  Took me 11 hours to get to van and we got trapped at the ferry terminal for two days.  When we got back to Vic we had to deal g through 4 feet of snow in our driveway just to get to our house.......after 3 days of sleeping in a van.  It will be one the most vivid memories of my life.

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is this about the Marky knee scope?  If so, then definitely he’s done for the rest of the regular season.  He’s a goalie, and it’s his knee.  Marky might actually have played his last game for us in that Boston beat down.  

Ok let’s settle down here. A poster earlier put up a 4-6 week timetable from a doctor’s remark if this was a scope. Given Marky is an elite athlete with all the best possible care and rehab, he will be back sooner than you think.

• Cheers 1

56 minutes ago, Alflives said:

There just isn't something about a knee injury where one finishes the game they were playing, travels with the team, then realizes something isn't right afterwards and gets minor surgery to fix it that says "out for the season" to me.

Edited by HerrDrFunk
  • Cheers 1