The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Ottawa Senators | Feb. 27, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Third period just started, I'm taking a peek  at the final score here because it feels like its going to be a loss and of course it is. Lame. 

I had bad feelings about this game esp when I saw Chabot take a free punch to the face of EP early in the first period. No answer back again.

Why he doesn't play Big Mac is beyond me. 

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, MikeyD said:

41K3FWDjMzL._AC_SY400_.jpg

I found Antoine Roussel. 

To be fair Antoine's family brand is nothing like that product. Those have fake cane sugar and are very bad for you. 

He's selling pure maple syrup, which still isn't the healthiest thing on the planet but it's a pretty clean sugar source like honey or dates or fruits.. 

As for the game, 0 concerns about what transpired. Energy was tilted towards Ottawa, they had a story going and it unfolded. 

Good for Bobby, hope he can stay sober for life. He's had a tough up bringing. His salary should help though ;)

1 hour ago, Knucklehd said:

Starting to look tough.  Can't mail it in like that anymore.  Looking at the standings, I think it's going to take an 11-8 record over the last 19 to make the playoffs. 10-9 at best.

If the Canucks go 500 the rest of the way the Jets and Yotes will have to go like 12-4 in there remaining games. 10-9 for us the rest of the way we’re easily in. 

Slow starts is killing the team on the road trip.  They better figure out a way how to win games against the bottom dweller team like the Sens.   Historically, they sure can show a good game against better teams but comes out flat against non-playoff teams.   On one bright side, Quinn got a point out from this one.  Also I am not liking the deployment on 3rd D pairing on the opening 3rd period faceoff.   Always bring out the top pairing on the opening 3rd period faceoff when you are on the road in Tanev and Hughes pairing down a goal to set a tone for the 3rd period.  If you want a match-up game, you can sub right away on the opening faceoff on 3rd pairing but you can't do that when you do not hold a final line change.

• Like 1

Myers needs to play more physical for his size.  In that Balcers goal he should've tied up his man, he was right there.

Demko also can't afford to be a sieve when the playoff races are so tight.  Goal under the arm on two occasions is unacceptable.  Hope he's got the mental fortitude to rebound, otherwise he'd be paving the way for Marky to be the undisputed #1 (if he didn't have it already).

Edited by Phil_314

Whiners!

whiners
[whiners]

DEFINITION
  1. noun form of whine

whine
[(h)wīn]

NOUN
  1. a long, high-pitched complaining cry.
    "the dog gave a small whine"
    synonyms:
    whimper · wail · cry · mewl · groan · moan · howl · yowl
VERB
  1. give or make a long, high-pitched complaining cry or sound.
    "the dog whined and scratched at the back door"
    synonyms:
    hum · drone · sing

I especially like the synonyms in the noun section

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2