The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Ottawa Senators | Feb. 27, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

15 minutes ago, wildwood12 said:

I’m just thinking that if I was the coach, I would be very careful when to bag skate.

Because you increase your chances of losing the entire group of players.

The players know when they deserve it.

yes i agree

you do know that I was joking, and that is why I said its Optional.

It is like the time out in the Montreal game, can't play that card 2 games in a row either.

In reality I think Green is on pretty thin ice. He preaches a passive game, so a bag skate seem illogical from the outset.

the team plays a pretty suspect system and Green is very slow to re-act.

Over in the Fire Green thread he is listed as 3rd in coach of the year voting, ahead of the Blues, Avalanche and Bruins coaches

That seem like a "scoreboard" trophy considering he has 2 Calder and 1 Vezina trophy candidte on his team

10 minutes ago, xereau said:

This team, at the most important stretch in the franchise in 5 years, looks disinterested.

What do you do to "bag skate" the coaching staff?

Take away their sharpies?

that is why I think it should be Benning or Franco calling the skate.

Imagine poor Ian Clark and manny out there bagskating with a vezina goalie and 3 of the top 5 faceoff guys in the league.

Life just isn't fair sometimes

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

And green's reluctance to play Demko with any regularity is  now coming back to haunt us.  He hasn't had enough game time to stay sharp. That's on the coaching staff. 

and the same will be said about the 7th D and 13th forward

edit

which reminds me,

the Roster chart shows Bailey, Graovac, MacEwen and Brisebois on the roster.

Which of those guys are still with the club?

Edited by lmm
  • Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, lmm said:

It is like the time out in the Montreal game, can't play that card 2 games in a row either.

I was just thinking about that incident. I agree.

I hope tomorrow night they come out to play right from the start, otherwise it will be a disappointing game to watch. We need the 2 points, but it’s more than that, I hope we beat the Leafs in their building.

• Huggy Bear 1

39 minutes ago, lmm said:

edit

which reminds me,

Good question. Not that it matters as long as LE and Roussel are breathing. 

• Huggy Bear 1

3 hours ago, GritGrinder said:

Interesting stat.

Through 63 games last season the Canucks gave up 195 goals.

Through 63 games this season the Canucks have given up...195 goals.

They have scored 33 more goals this season over last through 63 games.

Miller and Hughes have 33 goals between them.

I think everyone knew that those 2 are the main reason for the Canucks success this season but right down to the goal totals is funny.

The only two who work outside the box. Everyone else comes from the same "cookie cutter" culture from the past couple of decades. Toffoli also comes from a different culture.  That "work ethic" has maddened me for years. For some reason we have always let off the gas against teams like Ottawa. When you want to win badly enough, there are no legitimate excuses.

15 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Finally just watched the game

Happy for Bobby Ryan

Demko has to be better

Whiskey is good

Ehhhh

The team didn't support Demko very well at all.

3rd D pairing was absolute trash. They didn't even bother yo do peewee level stuff right.

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

The only two who work outside the box. Everyone else comes from the same "cookie cutter" culture from the past couple of decades. Toffoli also comes from a different culture.  That "work ethic" has maddened me for years. For some reason we have always let off the gas against teams like Ottawa. When you want to win badly enough, there are no legitimate excuses.

I honestly feel that if either QH or JT missed 8-10 games this season that the Canucks wouldn't be in a playoff spot right now...

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, lmm said:

edit

which reminds me,

This has been TG's main theme this year. He has his idea of his line ups and sticks with them regardless if there is success or not. Remember how long it took him to put Hughes on the #1 PP? I think Marky could have used more rests throughout the season and I think Demko does look a bit rusty. 

I remember when they rewarded those who played well and sat those that didn't. That is no where the case now as we now have numerous players slugging around with no fear of getting sat. 

Jake has noticeably played better in the top six but he continues to leave him in his doghouse and I believe its now stunting his growth. Why is he continuing to start LE in the top 6 and then relegates him to the 4th line by the end of the game. Its like he thinks a miracle is going to happen or something.

I am sure everyone is dying to see if there is still chemistry between Toffoli and Pearson but that is not even in TG's mind for some reason. 

Rouss and LE is our new Kaput and Magma. Sad.

• Cheers 2