The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Leafs Feb 29 2020 - 4:00 Pacific - HNIC - Leap Year Edition

Rate this topic

xereau

26 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Again, your opinion on the 2 bad games, includes a W! So probably wasn't as "BAD" as you are suggesting. I also remember some great saves from those games as well so it wasn't like he was a total disaster. The3rd game hasn't even been played yet.:lol:

He is 24 years old and has 32 NHL games under his belt. Do other teams have a back up like that as well? :rolleyes:

Just off top of my head,

Georgiev in NYR.  just turned 24 yrs old, recently took over as #1 in NYR.  Around 40 NHL games before this year.

Jarry in PIT 24 yrs old, took over as #1 has been great as starter. 29 games under his belt when he took over as starter..

Likely more but I don't see why that matters so not going to search. Is it about age?

Hart in Philly is 21 yrs old, starter and very solid. I'm not sure what that has to do with Demko though.

Edited by WHL rocks

3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in morning skate:

Pearson-Horvat-Eriksson
Miller-Pettersson-Toffoli
Roussel-Gaudette-Virtanen
Motte-Beagle-Sutter

MacEwen

Edler-Stecher
Hughes-Tanev
Fantenberg-Myers

Benn

If Eriksson must be in, swap his place with Virtanen.

17 minutes ago, VforVirtanen said:

Wow folks! This thread is already more negative than the average post-loss PGT and the game is still hours away! 

Pull yourselves together you debbie downers and cheer for our damn team! 

This is is the first time we even have a real shot at the playoffs in years and I for one am loving the chance to see our guys learn to face some adversity and rise to the occasion. Obviously I will be sorry if they don’t make it but we aren’t there yet!

While there are some seriously pessimistic posts, quite a lot are realistic posts about the team. I don’t get a sense that anyone on here doesn’t want the team to succeed. 

It is somewhat annoying to be told how to be a fan too. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Cheers 4

20 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

They won't take a 4th liner Shmoe to pass on Demko. It'll be a heavy cost. just like it was for teams during Vegas expansion draft.

MIN gave up Alex Tuch for VGK to pass on a player, Lots of high picks also went to Vegas for passing on certain players. They took in a big haul and built a SCF team in first year.

Was thinking DiPietro and a smaller add for them to pass but it will depend on what they are looking for.

Just now, Yung1 said:

really hoping for a win tonight so all the whiners in this thread can go back in their hole for a few days

Or just win because I like to listen to the PGT podcast on my walk home from work- so much more enjoyable with the W!

Plus with how well everyone is doing in the Pacific I'm getting a little nervous haha

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Qwags said:

If Eriksson must be in, swap his place with Virtanen.

Can't have both Rous and LE on same line as a young Gaudette. If Rous was playing well right now then ya maybe. But that line would have a hard time against Leafs speedy and skilled top 2 lines.

Don't forget Leafs get last line change on home ice. So they get to match lines.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

While there are some seriously pessimistic posts, quite a lot are realistic posts about the team. I don’t get a sense that anyone  on here doesn’t want the team to succeed. 

It is somewhat annoying to be told how to be a fan too. 

People who want the team to succeed shouldn't be constantly negative / ignorant in regards to all aspects of the team, even when things are going well!!! Also, there's a big difference between realist / what i just mentioned. People like myself and the other poster aren't trying to tell people how to be fans, we're just tired of the constant underlying negativity from some so called fans when there's absolutely no reason for it. It's called balance, not the glass is always half empty no matter what!!

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Just off top of my head,

Georgiev in NYR.  just turned 24 yrs old, recently took over as #1 in NYR.  Around 40 NHL games before this year.

Jarry in PIT 24 yrs old, took over as #1 has been great as starter. 29 games under his belt when he took over as starter..

Likely more but I don't see why that matters so not going to search. Is it about age?

Hart in Philly is 21 yrs old, starter and very solid. I'm not sure what that has to do with Demko though.

Wow, totally missed the point. 

Your expectations are that Demko should be playing at a certain level, like other Back Up Goalies in the NHL. I was simply pointing out that he is still young and developing. 

3 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Was thinking DiPietro and a smaller add for them to pass but it will depend on what they are looking for.

We'll see. 

Are you saying give them DiPietro + another small add to take a different roster player? That could interest Seattle. Maybe DiPietro plus a 3rd round pick and they take a healthy Ferland with 70  games played next season..

Too many variables. We'll see what happens in summer. 

51 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Ya, the problem is Demko won't make it past Seattle. They'll take him if exposed.

Yes on locking up Clark, his contract is up at the end of this season. As well as Judd Brackett's. Both are very important parts of the team and need to be locked up asap..

Demko will be okay for next season he just has to adjust to being the starter suddenly. If Markstrom is resolved and he stays then Demko would be selected even if it was just to traded.

I don't think any of the top management people, the really important one's have had their contracts renewed and most expire at the end of this season, including Green's. Benning was the only guy that got another 2 + 1 contract and that IMO was so he could still operate and not be a "lame duck" GM.

At the end of this season it will almost be a clean slate of re-signing, retaining or other decisions.

What does it mean when just about all the management people and all of the players have not had their contracts renewed?

Edited by Lazurus
  • Cheers 1