The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Leafs Feb 29 2020 - 4:00 Pacific - HNIC - Leap Year Edition

Rate this topic

xereau

1 hour ago, VforVirtanen said:

I don’t mind people having reservations. I have reservations and am nervous as hell about how tonight will go. I think they will bounce back but anything can happen. 

But when you are posting like 2288 that the Canucks will not make the playoffs, will lose all of their free agents and fall out of contention, well, you are either trolling or should seriously do something else with your time because you aren’t cut out to be a fan of this team. 

I think its a coin toss whether we make the playoffs but I am not going to come on here crapping on the team and coaching staff before the game has even begun. There have been a couple of times already this year when they were counted out, only to surge back. A lot of talent on this team. 

You do you, but I don’t see why people bother watching the games when their only joy is in gloating when they lose. I don’t at all see you as that kind of poster. There were plenty of negative nancies saying less than reasonable stuff already. 

I am a fanatic Canuck fan as my username states.  I think the team is quite good and is trending up big time. Hughes is a phenom and after Petey gets heavier he will be even more dangerous. For the first time in many many years we have at least 6 legitimate top 6 forwards. Marky is awesome. The only hole we have is a really solid big mean top D.

But I am guilty of getting worked up when we lose a game like we did against Ottawa when we really should not have. That worked up state mixed with game day drinking and I make stupid posts after bad games.  Some others do as well.

I was guilty of making stupid posts about Demko when he let some soft ones in. However, when I return back to a normal state (lol) I realize he is a young guy training and he should get better.  My own dumb posts though.....:picard:

Anyway, made a bet on the Canucks winning with Toffoli getting more points!!

GCG!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yung1 said:

heard me the first time? bro this is my first time posting in like 3 days... because i stay away after the team loses and these boards become chock-full of 40+ year old men who project their hate for themselves and dissatisfaction they have in their own lives towards a bunch of men who lost a game, whilst telling everyone how much better they could've done it.

The whole thing reminds me of working on a construction site. Everyone hates their own lives so much that they revel in other people failures and point fingers as a way to distract themselves from their own misery. They love to talk about how stupid the government is, how the man is bringing them down, or how their local sports team is a bunch of bums. I ain't bout it. 

Also "It's not likely you'll be missed" LOL good one dude

Hmmm...worked on hundreds of sites and didn't get that impression at all ... did you get a blister before they let you go? 

21 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

It’s funny how if you are critical of saint Green you are painted as a pessimist

So if something think our game day roster will lose they are a pessimist?

perhaps they are a realistic given the coach?

heaven forbid 

It's not being critical. You just don't seem like a level headed fan. Most of your comments and seemingly your focus is on constantly assigning blame or pointing out fault. That is often a sign of either a player or someone who at least is very involved and doesn't accept excuses for losing. Which you need to do at the highest level. However, the seasoned player, coach, or fan also accepts that this is a work in progress and simply yelling out the obvious and insulting everyone usually doesn't accomplish anything except make you look petulant, impatient, and hypo-critical without insight on long term growth.

Also, it can't be enjoyable to always be angry. The sucky part about sports and life is dealing with the sucking.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, kilgore said:

I'm someone that has defended Green on here. He's the one that has to deal with what JB has given him. With the overpriced underproducing veterans that he must use. And so far he has done a decent job at that. At least glass half full.

Other than Eriksson I don't think any of our vets are underproducing, maybe Benn. Edler has been good. Tanev is paid fair for his production. Myers has been good, we all knew he wasn't gonna be a defensive zone stalwart. He looks good overall. Miller, Pearson and Toffoli have all been great. So again, not sure how Benning has overpaid underproducing vets. Overpaid? Yeah in a few cases mostly Eriksson and Sutter. But underproducing seems like hyperbole. Sutter could be better but it's hard to expect middle 6 production from a guy being played on the 4th line. Everyone else is fine.

8 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Pearson-Horvat-Eriksson
Miller-Pettersson-Toffoli
Roussel-Gaudette-Virtanen
Motte-Beagle-Sutter

MacEwen :blink:

:picard:

Travis Green's stubbornness to play LE on a top line is asinine.   Playing LE at this point is basically sacrificing one line, and anyone that plays with him, to where the puck dies. So I say put all the worst players on one line and play it sparingly. LE, Rousell, Sutter/Beagle.  If Rousell doesn't DO SOMETHING soon, then LE and Rousell can flip a coin each game to see who sits.

Sometimes its like Green hears what other fans or media suggests and because he's The Smartest Man in the Room, he does the opposite.  Willy D reminded me of that kind of hubris too.

I'm someone that has defended Green on here. He's the one that has to deal with what JB has given him. With the overpriced underproducing veterans that he must use. And so far he has done a decent job at that. At least glass half full. But its moves like this, putting out the same stale lineup, especially when MacEwen is up  with the team. I don't get it.

I agree with some others. Should have called back up Bailey and used Big Mac, and sat Rouster and LE.

am fascinated

by the fixation by so many on here

on loui

he is not a game changer

neither positive nor negative

yet he gets so damn many words

you know who the game changers could be but are not pulling their weight lately ?

and who should be commented on instead

gaud, virt, bo, and even ep40 (who is again slowing down in the 2nd half)

if these players stepped it up

loui is irrelevant

but let's just talk only about loui

and of course, green, in conjunction with loui

cuz he plays this player who is so damn neutral to team success

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I am a fanatic Canuck fan as my username states.  I think the team is quite good and is trending up big time. Hughes is a phenom and after Petey gets heavier he will be even more dangerous. For the first time in many many years we have at least 6 legitimate top 6 forwards. Marky is awesome. The only hole we have is a really solid big mean top D.

But I am guilty of getting worked up when we lose a game like we did against Ottawa when we really should not have. That worked up state mixed with game day drinking and I make stupid posts after bad games.  Some others do as well.

I was guilty of making stupid posts about Demko when he let some soft ones in. However, when I return back to a normal state (lol) I realize he is a young guy training and he should get better.  My own dumb posts though.....:picard:

Anyway, made a bet on the Canucks winning with Toffoli getting more points!!

GCG!

#1 rule in CDC is: 

What goes on in GDT stays in GDT  ;)

Its a safe place to overreact, cuss and swear (using symbols), demand they trade all the players at once etc... Its called being a passionate fan and living in the moment.  I'm downright embarrassed sometimes at what I said in the GDT compared to after a day when I've calmed down. :lol:

The ones that irk me are the ones that come into a thread already moaning about losing the game.  I'm critical of Greens lineup choice today, because IMO it gives them less a chance to win the game.  But I still think they have enough talent to win it despite a bad decision like this by Green.  It will just make it more difficult. Always glass half full. Try to be anyways. Go Canucks Go!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

It's not being critical. You just don't seem like a level headed fan. Most of your comments and seemingly your focus is on constantly assigning blame or pointing out fault. That is often a sign of either a player or someone who at least is very involved and doesn't accept excuses for losing. Which you need to do at the highest level. However, the seasoned player, coach, or fan also accepts that this is a work in progress and simply yelling out the obvious and insulting everyone usually doesn't accomplish anything except make you look petulant, impatient, and hypo-critical without insight on long term growth.

Also, it can't be enjoyable to always be angry. The sucky part about sports and life is dealing with the sucking.

Huge difference between pointing fault and identifying improvement areas 

you honestly think the lineup makes sense? You honestly think we don’t need tweaks? We are good? On the way to the Cup 

nothing wrong with trying to get better 

it’s the objective of sport 

if you read my posts you would see plenty of concrete suggestions, not just pure whining 

well ..  some whining 

7 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

am fascinated

by the fixation by so many on here

on loui

he is not a game changer

neither positive nor negative

yet he gets so damn many words

you know who the game changers could be but are not pulling their weight lately ?

and who should be commented on instead

gaud, virt, bo, and even ep40 (who is again slowing down in the 2nd half)

if these players stepped it up

loui is irrelevant

but let's just talk only about loui

and of course, green, in conjunction with loui

cuz he plays this player who is so damn neutral to team success

Its not LE per se but what him being there on the first line is costing Bo scoring wise. LE shouldn't be in the top 6.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Its not LE per se but what him being there on the first line is costing Bo scoring wise. LE shouldn't be in the top 6.

yet there was a period of time (6 to 8 games) not too long ago

where loui's presence on bo's line

actually upped the performance of that line

he has been an asset to that line this season

and no doubt

he has not been for periods of time as well

but he has been mostly neutral as a result

not sure why he warrants so many words

makes me think this has less to do with loui

then unhappiness of many posters

scape goating is so real on these boards

it's unsettling