The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Leafs Feb 29 2020 - 4:00 Pacific - HNIC - Leap Year Edition

Rate this topic

xereau

Stecher with the hip check on Matthews and the game winning goal. Just to rub in in Doobie's face. 

Also, is there any way of blocking out Matthews douchey moustache? It creeps me out every time I see that thing. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Stecher with the hip check on Matthews and the game winning goal. Just to rub in in Doobie's face. 

Also, is there any way of blocking out Matthews douchey moustache? It creeps me out every time I see that thing. 

Same. And Every time I turn on NHL 20 and see his creepy face with his polished chiclets sticking out. I’m like why? Who approved this picture?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Just focus on Hughes' scraggly beard instead - more close-ups after his goal and 3 assists!

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

The only thing I can yell at green for lately is having Loui stapled to horvat. PLEASE BOYS WAKE UP START FAST AND SCORE. Maple laffs have beer league mentality

Why does Bo have to carry that albatross? Still in the doghouse I see.Time for Bo to get some speed on his wing. Hey Green stop babysitting LE. And btw  LE is barely on his 10 goal pace.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Why does Bo have to carry that albatross? Still in the doghouse I see.Time for Bo to get some speed on his wing. Hey Green stop babysitting LE. And btw  LE is barely on his 10 goal pace.

Take away his ENs and he'll be barely on his 3 goal pace. I get what green is trying to do. LE is a decent shutdown guy. But when we're starving for goals putting that boat anchor in the top six makes no sense.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

My prediction 

Green changes absolutely nothing with the lineup. We take the Leafs for granted and get wiped. Then we walk into Columbus with zero confidence with a mad team facing us...this is not looking good 

I truly hope I am wrong but we have seen it far too much. If this team drops out of the chase, look out 

Toffoli won’t want anything to do with this team but more specifically Green. Just don’t think we will sign with us at that point 

look at our goals against vs last year. Zero improvement with an arguably stronger roster. Where is the fantastic system? And that’s with Marky standing on his head. Meanwhile DeBoer has Vegas on fire  

and how does Green possibly keep Roussel in the roster after that blatantly selfish shift that cost us a key goal against

we were promised accountability and yet there is none under Green. Loui, Sutter amd Roussel just Mail it in and are dressed game after game while guys willing to work are sitting in the press Box or Utica 

green will never take this team to the playoffs 

my opinion 

Edited by canuck2288
  • Wat 1

2 minutes ago, ABNucksfan said:

Matthews + Tavares + Marner =

196 Points @ $33,527,000 = 

$171,056 per point. 

Miller + Pettersson + Hughes =

176 Points @ $7,091,670 =

$40,293 per point. 

nuff said. 

Uhm... EP and HUGHES are on an ELC...

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

My prediction 

Green changes absolutely nothing with the lineup. We take the Leafs for granted and get wiped. The we walk into Columbus with zero confidence with a mad team facing us...this is not looking good 

I truly hope I am wrong but we have e seen it far too much. If this team drops out of the chase, look out 

Toffoli won’t want anything to do with this team but more specifically Green. Just don’t think we will sign with us at that point 

look at our goals against vs last year. Zero improvement with an arguably stronger roster. Where is the fantastic system? And that’s with Marky standing on his head. Meanwhile DeBoer has Vegas on fire  

and how does Green possibly keep Roussel in the roster after that blatantly selfish shift that cost us a key goal against

we were promised accountability and yet there is none under Green. Loui, Sutter amd Roussel just Mail it in and are dressed game after game while guys willing to work are sitting in the press Box or Utica 

green will never take this team to the playoffs 

my opinion 

Calm down.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

This is really annoying to me.

Team is really just starting out as a unit this year...for crying out loud, why do you watch if it's all gloom and doom?  I watch because I have hope, have seen glimpses of brilliance that I'm counting on to become more consistent over time.  

They're learning as they go.  Sure, some efforts aren't seemingly as driven as others...but it's ok.  Marky was brilliant for us and that's often part of having a successful team...I mean, Thomas was a huge factor in the Bruins' cup win.  It's not an anomaly to have good goaltending...it's actually sought after.

There are some deficiencies that become a bit glaring at times, but it isn't snap a finger and they're gone deal...teams work through them.  Sometimes even around them until they find a reasonable solution.  

This campaign against Green is a mission and it's every damn game.  Except when we win and that's quickly just swept aside.   We're in the hunt...let's watch the end play out before we decide, shall we?

Your prediction is really bleak but I still get excited for these games despite those who've packed in the towel already.  Which is basically what you've done.

If ANY team drops out of the chase...look out.  It's that competitive.

I like our roster, JB has done an amazing job

i take issue with guys in the lineup that are blatantly floating while others sit

given that, why don’t I have the right to call out Green? Trust me nobody want us to kill the Leafs more than I do but going into this game I don’t have a good feeling

i hope I am wrong