The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Toronto Maple Leafs | Feb. 29, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

14 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Demko needed to be better.  Those soft goals aren't going to help garner trust from your team.  They Canucks looked like they over compensated to the defensive side of the game that they neglected to play offense for the rest of the game. 

I thought we actually played a real solid game defensively.  Demko needs to make saves.  He certainly isn't securing his future here with these past two performances.

Agreed.  Need to play D like that but capitalize on the PP.

14 minutes ago, Grape said:

The only player I'm enjoying right now is JT Miller. Everyone else is just ugh

Hughes?

13 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Not too worried. If we go .500 rest if way good chance we make playoffs.  

Yeah it would need to be a total collapse for the Canucks not to make it.  All the teams around them have holes too.  I just hope they finish top 3 in their division and avoid the wildcard spot. 

11 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Said it at the TDL

With the moves bending has made and the assurance of Aqua Man on his job being safe the ONLY person on this team who needs to be worried is named Green

If it did come to that... how many years can you miss the playoffs and how many coaches can you fire before its your head. 

Well another pathetic effort from the net out.

jimmie might want to make some adjustments and send HIS team a message. Or he’s going to be reading his name in the headlines on the hot seat especially if we lose tanev stecher toffoli( madden/2nd) for nothing and miss the playoffs. 
4 winnable points down the drain because the team doesn’t show up committed to tightening up in front of the young goaltender, Instead they mail it in and unfortunately markstrom isn’t here to bail them out over and over. 
this group/rebuild looks years away when a red hot  goalie doesn’t steal every point Every game. And hide just how bad we really still are. 

Edited by Tracksuit

Just now, bree2 said:

I agree with almost everything you said except Rousell had 3 shots on goal and a hit,  Jake had one hit  and one shot on goal in the first, nothing since and Gaudette, well is Gaudette  but the whole team was off. hopefully we see some new faces tomorow

My biggest point is the fact that those 3 guys aren't exactly are best guys defensively. Teams are looking to expose them all the time. Leafs built momentum after a couple long shifts with those guys stuck out there.

Virtanen and Gaudette are both streaky scorers still rounding out their games. Roussel doesn't PK, shouldn't be on a PP and isn't a consistent physical presence. I am sure Mac would be even just a bit more effective but I would keep Virtanen/Gaud away from each other so they don't get exploited.

• Cheers 1

Green. Doesn't know how to get them up for Ottawa. Doesn't know how to prepare for the big stage. Pulls the goalie with over two minutes left when we were coming on. Kills us.  Ericksson until forever... 

I would like the Green fans to tell us why we should continue to support this coach. When does he when us a game?

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 1

Just now, Shirotashi said:

I agree with everything you said but I would add that Hughes was off but I honestly think hes just tired. I think Green has no

clue what hes doing with the management of players ice time. Demko is a huge example of this. 

Please explain the bolded.

Demko crapped the bed 3 games in a row by letting in multiple easy goals every single game.

How is that on Green?

Although I do agree green is being a stubborn ass by not changing up the line up. Sit loui and maybe rous. Try out Big Mac, and maybe even Baer on Horvat's wing. Something needs to change. Send a message green......

Despite Demko having another bad start, this was still a winnable game. The PP was atrocious & we weren't getting enough shots. Virtanen hit the post, Horvat had a chance.

Once again (like OTT) the game was right there despite not playing our best.

Edited by Smashian Kassian
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

Yeah he especially with how cocky he got with the reporter who asked him about why he iced the same lineup after the Ottawa game

Yes because he has the right to act like a coach that has actually accomplished anything in his coaching career 

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Really missing Boeser.

They gotta figure something out with these forwards. It's tough when Pettersson is struggling & your missing Boeser/Leivo.

Lack of Boeser makes us a 2-line team. We would probably be in the same boat if we had Boeser though and didn't trade for Toffoli.

If we had Boeser and Toffoli we could have a better top 9 so yeah we're definitely missing him.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Kanukfanatic said:

Please explain the bolded.

Demko crapped the bed 3 games in a row by letting in multiple easy goals every single game.

How is that on Green?

Although I do agree green is being a stubborn ass by not changing up the line up. Sit loui and maybe rous. Try out Big Mac, and maybe even Baer on Horvat's wing. Something needs to change. Send a message green......

Easy he keeps starting demko, give him a game off to get his head right and work with the goalie coach

12 minutes ago, StiffStick33 said:

Hoping other teams in the pacific loose so that we can feel good abt our position in the standings is the worst. If you can’t get the W on nights when it counts and get the details down, you’re gonna get crushed in the playoffs.

Other teams ARE feeling loose..we're tight, especially in the throat/larnyx region...

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1