The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Toronto Maple Leafs | Feb. 29, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

We are not making the playoffs seriously this team is a joke. We had the advantage in the pacific race and pissed it all away.

Demko is trash... seriously this was his time to step up and he flopped big time. People will state it's because he is young but there are plenty young goalies who stepped up for their team when they needed them. 

Pettersson is not even trying anymore. There are so many times where he just sits there and waits for someone to get the puck. 

Why the heck is Eriksson in the nhl?

Why do we give up like 60 breakaways a game? 

Your post is what I do after a full bottle of hard booze haha.

• Vintage 1

We are not making the playoffs seriously this team is a joke. We had the advantage in the pacific race and pissed it all away.

Demko is trash... seriously this was his time to step up and he flopped big time. People will state it's because he is young but there are plenty young goalies who stepped up for their team when they needed them. 

Pettersson is not even trying anymore. There are so many times where he just sits there and waits for someone to get the puck. 

You are making the bridge deck slippery. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Shirotashi said:

You werent expecting them to win and yet you want them in the playoffs? Why? Were not ready for the playoffs even by your own estimation.

If they lose a game it means they aren't ready for playoffs ?. 

I've been watching this sport for 4 decades and I haven't seen one team go perfect record. 

Toronto has been playing really good hockey last 2 games. They beat Tampa and a Florida on the road since the fiasco vs CAR. I watched both games and I watched  Canucks last 2 games. 

I thought Toronto would win on home ice.  They're playing good hockey right  now.  

• Vintage 1

I guess I am in the minority but I honestly think Miller had a poor night. He is the guy that makes high risk plays a lot. Tonight was no exception. Watching him try to dangle 3-4 defenders and getting stripped of the puck is frustrating. He needs to go back to doing what he was doing earlier in the season. He probably feels he needs to take the weight of the team on his shoulders because so many don't show up but he isn't the dangle through the entire team type of player.

• Wat 1

7 minutes ago, StiffStick33 said:

Can’t complain.. We got outplayed. BIG game for us and we came up short.

Really unfortunate Hughes didn’t have a good game. It was a real opportunity to show east coasters (don’t see him too often) what hes made of. Needs the votes for calder.

Hughes had a good game though 

• Upvote 1

This is way too harsh to lay it on Demko. Yes, the were goalies who stepped up for their team, but there were also many who doesn't. Also, there are still 18 games left, who knows what will happen, maybe he bounces back the next game he was in net for. Road has been tough for the Canucks this season, and especially for Demko as well. I am just hoping for 0.500 on the road the rest of the year and go about 0.650-0.700 on home ice and we should still be good enough to make the playoffs.

1 minute ago, Patrick Jane said:

Petey is not strong enough 176 pounds. needs to be at least 190 195. Also stop looking at the freaking tablet and shoot the puck.

Honestly he weighed the same to start the year and was on a tear. 

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Huh? :picard:

Hughes played well. Had the puck a ton. No one could finish the plays.

Not the standout hughes we’ve seen even during sens game. 

Broken passes, Loosing pucks in his skates, and shooting at blocked lanes is playing well huh.

• Wat 3
  • Upvote 1