The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Get Demko out of the net NOW

Rate this topic

Arrow 1983

Should Demko start tomorrow  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There is many calling for a change in goal

I would like to remind all that ask for this, NJ one of the Crappiest teams in the league this season gave up and traded our back up for pretty much nothing.

I hope Green changes the goalie for tomorrows game

Tomorrows game is winnable with Demko in net but I think this fan base needs a reality check

That reality check is, it can be worse

Edited by Arrow 1983
  • Like 1

Demko has the tools, he's just figuring out where to put them in the tool box.  The moment does seem to be getting to him, but yanking him out would only set him back.

That being said, there is no need to play him back to back, so I'd agree that Domingue should get the start tomorrow.

• Upvote 3

I disappoint that Demko  allowed goals in the first five minutes, during the last 3 games.

Also, in the first few minutes of the 2nd period or 3rd period are dangerous.

The 2nd game of BTB game is a good opportunity to rest Demko, seeing what is the presentation of the back-up goalie.

Really hope the goalie coach could help Demko for the above issues.

Demko is reminding Canucks fans what it’s like to have a good goaltender on a team that has a ton of defensive issues.... Markstrom makes the defence look good on a nightly basis because he’s an elite goaltender. Demko  is facing impossible pressure with not much help up front... yes that second goal was horrific, but he stood his ground for the rest of the game and had an unlucky bounce in the third. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, timmylu1 said:

Demko is reminding Canucks fans what it’s like to have a good goaltender on a team that has a ton of defensive issues.... Markstrom makes the defence look good on a nightly basis because he’s an elite goaltender. Demko  is facing impossible pressure with not much help up front... yes that second goal was horrific, but he stood his ground for the rest of the game and had an unlucky bounce in the third. 

That's pretty much how I saw it

I ask this fan base how many games did we watch Marky let bad goals in, every goalie lets a bad goal once in awhile especially younger goaltenders

Demko is one of the most confident goalies I have watch at this age, he has the right mind set to be a great goalie 

there is quit a large difference in being a starting goalie in the beginning of the season then being thrown in in the middle of the season when the games get much harder

I look at the comments in the PGT and people want to give up on him after 1st game and more yet after the 2nd game

This fan base has to ask themselves would they react to these 2 loses the same if this was the first 2 games of the season, or are these reactions magnified because the Canucks are in a playoff push

This is the best way I can think of to explain the type of pressure that Demko is probably feeling

21 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Demko has the tools, he's just figuring out where to put them in the tool box.  The moment does seem to be getting to him, but yanking him out would only set him back.

That being said, there is no need to play him back to back, so I'd agree that Domingue should get the start tomorrow.

he has the tools

they are in this tool box

he lost the combo or the key

and is playing tool less

somebody needs to help him access those

i think he is unprepared to play at a professional level

without them

:towel:

It didn't matter how Marky played from game to game in the last couple seasons. It was already a for gone conclusion that the Canucks where going to miss the playoffs and that the games really didn't mean much.

What I'm saying is that Marky has never been put in the same position as Demko is in now, the equivalent now for Marky would be if the Canucks where down 0-2 in a playoff series and everyone was calling for a change in goal

Edited by Arrow 1983

I think this is what happens when Green rides Marky game in and game out till he gets injured and now we must rely on a cold Demko!

Play him till he gets in his groove,the team could help him out more...the last few games the team has left him out to dry on a few of those goals!

Edited by goog16