The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Columbus 4:00 pm l Sunday, March 1, 2020

Rate this topic

-DLC-

Season is starting to slip away on us.

I think the team also sees this too.  Not saying this game is a season breaker, but losing this could really crush the spirits of the team and fan base.  No better time to come out with a big win when our backs are against the wall right now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Season is starting to slip away on us.

I think the team also sees this too.  Not saying this game is a season breaker, but losing this could really crush the spirits of the team and fan base.  No better time to come out with a big win when our backs are against the wall right now.

We got no picks anyways, it doesnt matter if we can acquire picks, we would need to trade assets to get them. 

Point is, WE CANNOT miss the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, Odd. said:

We got no picks anyways, it doesnt matter if we can acquire picks, we would need to trade assets to get them. 

Point is, WE CANNOT miss the playoffs.

If we miss the playoffs we get our 1st round pick. So that’s a plus. Then win the draft lottery and pick in the top 3. 

There’s always a silver lining. 

2 hours ago, Canadian said:

There better be a &^@#ing lineup change after the last three games. A team carries 23 players for a reason. I don't want to see the same 18 skaters after three straight no-shows.

Benn has been bad recently. Fantenburg has been brutal the last two games. 15 min and a -3 against the Sens. 12 min and a -1 against the Leafs. Can't call anyone up from Utica, but there needs to be a change there!

MacEwan better be in - I don't care who sits. Ideally Eriksson, but Roussel might also warrant a day off.

The line up change required is in goal, as Demko has been the sole reason for the past two losses. He's too deep in his net and his angles are off. This is a confidence issue for Demko, and you don't keep throwing him to the wolves to fix his confidence. A solid week of perfect practice with Ian C. will correct Demko.

• Thanks 1

Someone was calling for Boucher to play. IMO opinion you dance with who brung ya. Bailey and Big Mac have been with the team. What is said and felt in the dressing room is as important as making playoffs this year. I have no problem with Green’s coaching. This group simply has to play at the level they are capable of. That said Marky is the MVP of the group and his loss is huge. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, captaincowbasher said:

The line up change required is in goal, as Demko has been the sole reason for the past two losses. He's too deep in his net and his angles are off. This is a confidence issue for Demko, and you don't keep throwing him to the wolves to fix his confidence. A solid week of perfect practice with Ian C. will correct Demko.

The other lineup change that might help is pull Erikksson out and call up Goldobin to play with Petty and Miller. Tofu goes to Horvats line. If Goldobin does well, and he probably will when Boeser gets back Goldobin slips to Gaud's line with Virtanen.

4 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Someone was calling for Boucher to play. IMO opinion you dance with who brung ya. Bailey and Big Mac have been with the team. What is said and felt in the dressing room is as important as making playoffs this year. I have no problem with Green’s coaching. This group simply has to play at the level they are capable of. That said Marky is the MVP of the group and his loss is huge. 

Marky's main concern is getting healthy to help get this team back on course, but man he's got to be thinking no less than 6 million over 5 years.

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

I believe they do - and it's likely Beagle who's banged up.

You'd think. That block looked pretty grim.

But emergency means less than 12 forwards... was Mac sent back down recently? I'd like to see them both back in, and hopefully it's Eriksson or Rooster that's banged up.

I might cry if Motter is out again.