The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Columbus 4:00 pm l Sunday, March 1, 2020

Rate this topic

-DLC-

10 minutes ago, Kushman said:

Oh I've accepted that loui sucked, continues to suck and will suck for the rest of his career... I'm just not willing to lower the standard so low that if he simply puts up 0s across the board and is a minus player that all of a sudden I'm going to say he's "very good".
He's slow, doesnt provide any grit, waste of roster space.
If he wasn't making 6 mill.. He would of been buried in the minors a long time ago. He isn't playing here because there's no one to replace him, he's only been gifted a spot because management doesn't want their 6 million dollar man playing in the ahl.

Fair enough, we'll have to agree to disagree.  

He's a black hole offensively but is great long the boards and is always covering on defense for his linemates and our d-men.  It's no secret that our team is great offensively but is terrible defensively, so for me he has a spot on the team if he plays like he has in the last 20-30 games.  Typical game of him today actually, their line is controlling the play and spending a lot of time in the offensive zone, but he seems to have hands of stone when he gets the puck around the net.  
Cheers

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Loui has slotted in Boeser’s spot. He's not holding Mac back at this point. 

Regardless of injuries. Loui has lost every aspect to his game. At this point he just goes through the motions, makes the odd play here and there. I’d rather Bailey in who actually brings speed and grit to his game. Loui has neither of those. 

• Like 1

Just now, NeilColville said:

Regardless of injuries. Loui has lost every aspect to his game. At this point he just goes through the motions, makes the odd play here and there. I’d rather Bailey in who actually brings speed and grit to his game. Loui has neither of those. 

Loui is still good on the PK and defensively something both Bailey and Mac have yet to prove at the NHL level whether you like it or not. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

He should be sitting now over half the guys in Utica.  There is zero reason for this useless piece of garbage to be wasting a roster spot.  Let him rot in Utica's press box.

Calling him a piece of garbage is uncalled for and pathetic Heffy. 

• Like 2

BTW it's fascinating how many are so hyper-focused on our 11th and 12th forward every night.  

This team lives and dies by the goaltending.  

I wonder if the Blue Jackets boards are being lit up by the discussion on whether or not Matteau and Devin Shore should be in the lineup. 

For the record, I'm liking Jake on Bo's line tonight.  They've looked better then they did with Loui the past few games although they've also given up a lot of scoring chances.  Thankfully we have LouiS. 

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Loui is still good on the PK and defensively something both Bailey and Mac have yet to prove at the NHL level whether you like it or not. 

We kind of got enough guys for it. Motte, Sutter, Beagle, Pearson and Miller all have been used. 

Roussel should definitely sit for Mac.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

57 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

He's maturing into a great player.  I was really hoping that we'd get a higher draft pick in that lottery and snag him up.  

Nah, he was supposed to be picked around our pick but Columbus at the time shocked everyone when they took him at 3 over Puljujarvi (many scouts believed he had 1st overall talent). I remember being so chocked when they took him from us

Edited by Odd.