The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Columbus Blue Jackets | Mar. 01, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, _Henrik_ said:

I notice how you are avoiding to answer the question by a rhetorical formula one counter question. You, sir, are SHARP. 

Physical presence? Speed? Fights ?. What are you a god damn English major? Settle down chief. 

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"It sucks. Played 50 minutes of really good hockey. In the last 10 just made a couple bad plays, especially on my penalty... just a sh---y way to end a road trip. We gotta keep playing the way we're playing. We gotta figure it out here pretty quick." - Sutter

Would've liked personal accountability on his part for an awful penalty to take at the end of the game.  

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

OK.....EVERYBODY SLOW DOWN!

or you will get hit by the bandwagon as you get off! LOL

Hey, Guys! This is a young team, who has lost their starting All-star goalie and a #1 RW

It is a journey, not a sprint!

and second game of a back to back

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, sedin26 said:

That's it for me.  I will never again watch the game of hockey.  I will remain steadfast in this resolution - I absolutely, 100% cannot be convinced otherwise!  Fire the coaching staff, fire the scouts, turn over the roster, force an ownership change!

I won't be seen here again - goodbye forever!

Ok. See you Wednesday at 7:30. Remember to bring the nachos.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, janisahockeynut said:

Hey, Guys! This is a young team, who has lost their starting All-star goalie and a #1 RW

Columbus lost their top 3 RWers, their top LWer to free agency and their starting goalie to free agency. Half of Columbus' roster is seemingly out. Toronto's defense, which was suspect when healthy, was also decimated by injuries. Ottawa is a AHL roster with a few stud 22 and under players. I love making excuses for this team, but these last few games are nothing short of an embarrassment on this franchise. We are young, but that's been the excuse for the last 3 years. We are relatively healthy, especially compared to Toronto and Columbus. Our expectations were playoffs (especially with the Toffoli trade), we are holding them to those expectations. This is not even close to playoff level hockey. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Many fans haven’t lived long enough to appreciate your point.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, CanadianRugby said:

Is there any way him OR Benning get another year?  

I think Benning has done fairly well. The problem is that green is not utilizing the players properly and does not adapt during the game. He constantly gets out coached. You can't have a playoff team be on the top of the list for concided goals in the 3rd. That's just plain poor game management. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

50 years is a heck of a journey.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2