The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Coyotes - Wednesday March 4th 2020 at 7:30 PST - "Please don't lose again" Edition

Rate this topic

Salter

Just now, 189lb enforcers? said:

I’m on holidays. 
I’m kinda happy I’m missing a day, thinking it’s already Wednesday and game day. Bittersweet, I guess. 

Guess I need to figure out what to do tonight. 

Nothing ruins your Friday more than realizing it's Tuesday.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, You Mad Bro? said:

The argument between the “have fun and get your participation trophy” crowd and the “win and get your trophy” crowd has derailed this thread haha. Hopefully we can get this back on track. Also, participation trophies are garbage. What a terrible thing to teach children. It doesn’t matter how hard you work or what you accomplish. If you just show up people will award you. Jobs, degrees, raises, its all free! This is what’s lead to the entitled snowflakes we have today. Ok end rants. As far as the Canucks go. Huge 4 point game. Must be win. Expecting a good showing from the boys on home ice!

Excellent post imo!!

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

5 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Toffoli should absolutely be with Pearson and Horvat. Right now that line is pretty ineffective 5 on 5.

Loading up one line just makes us easier to defend. Gotta spread out the scoring. Miller and Pettersson are good enough to throw any winger with. Bo and Pearson need help.

Not to mention Virtanen looked great with Miller and Petey.  Seems like a  no brainers to at least test it out.

13 hours ago, You Mad Bro? said:

The argument between the “have fun and get your participation trophy” crowd and the “win and get your trophy” crowd has derailed this thread haha. Hopefully we can get this back on track. Also, participation trophies are garbage. What a terrible thing to teach children. It doesn’t matter how hard you work or what you accomplish. If you just show up people will award you. Jobs, degrees, raises, its all free! This is what’s lead to the entitled snowflakes we have today. Ok end rants. As far as the Canucks go. Huge 4 point game. Must be win. Expecting a good showing from the boys on home ice!

You ever see a boomer be told they arent allowed to return something?

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Knucklehd said:

Not to mention Virtanen looked great with Miller and Petey.  Seems like a  no brainers to at least test it out.

After that line scored 2 goals against Columbus you are going to split them up? This team is struggling on defense and struggling on offense.. not sure why everyone wants to split the top line just for the sake of splitting.. they are literally the only line that have any even strength goals of late since Boston even if theres a few bad games in between.

7 hours ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

I think this is actually pretty good.  Ideally I would switch Toffoli and Virtanen, but otherwise it's as good as we are going to get.  The scary part is the line combos for D which are missing.

I totally agree man. I don't even know why Green doesn't try a line combo that used to work in the past. I understand he wants to try different lines just in case injuries happen now and in the playoffs (when we hopefully get in) but right now, we need to make the playoffs first and should use lines that should guarantee success.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Pete M said:

or quit playing because they thought they had the game won

Yes that too

Oilers are pulling away

now we have to fight for a wildcard and everyone else is winning now 

Marky picked a bad time to expose our crap coaching 

so the last 3 losses Horvat is -7 (Ottawa -3, Toronto -1 and Columbus -3), he needs to be better....a lot better. His  back checking has been brutal.

The Captain needs to play sound defense first for this team to have a chance to win.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Enya and a bidet.

Honestly, I wish bidets were the social norm in Canada.

When we get the bathroom renovated, I'm totally putting in a bidet and a water fountain, just to &^@# with people.

Back on topic -

Mary J Blige and half an apple pie.

Edit - I assumed Riff was talking about rolling papers, not $&!# tickets. Oh well.

I guess I volcano my bong on occasion...

Edited by luckylager

10 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Honestly, I wish bidets were the social norm in Canada.

When we get the bathroom renovated, I'm totally putting in a bidet and a water fountain, just to &^@# with people.

I might end up thinking your bidet WAS a water fountain and try to drink out of it.:ph34r:

7 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Boomers also love all the other generations.  They're working cuz they're paying for the care of their elderly parents at the same time as paying for the education of their children.  

Thanks for saying what needs to be said.  Boomers are a tremendous generation of people who care for others and the planet.  Their biggest hope is  that the  generations following learn to care for each other.

The yuppies &^@#ed it all up, dad.

You taught me that

• Haha 2