The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Coyotes - Wednesday March 4th 2020 at 7:30 PST - "Please don't lose again" Edition

Rate this topic

Salter

7 minutes ago, the grinder said:

boomers were born in the 50 s   after world war two   60 s were hippies   get yer generations right  lol

Boomers are defined as born between 1946 and 1964. Hippies were teenagers and 20 somethings in the 60s and 70s. 

• Cheers 1

You guys do know there is a few of us "boomers" on this forum that became part of the hippie movement - good times - too bad you missed out. Now lets send those desert coyotes running

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Hippies were not born in the 60's.

The hippy movement was.

My Pops was actually one of those mud covered, tripped out youth at Woodstock.

And he won't ever pass up an opportunity to tell me how good the LSD was back then.

Edit - back on topic

Must kill the desert muts tomorrow. All signs point to massacre

My Dad was a goalie and played competitive hockey. He said his best game ever was when he was high a kite on Acid :lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, You Mad Bro? said:

My Dad was a goalie and played competitive hockey. He said his best game ever was when he was high a kite on Acid :lol:

I played goalie in soccer, came to a playoff game drunk and at half time, we were winning 1-0, my coach figured it and pulled me. Second half they tied it up then we lost 2 player to injury and my coach put me in as a forward and I scored the winning goal, my only ever shot, my only ever goal, I’ve been a fan of beer since and I sure miss the good ol’ days.

Edited by Dumb Nuck
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I played goalie in soccer, came to a playoff game drunk and at half time, we were winning 1-0, my coach figured it and pulled me. Second half they tied it up then we lost 2 player to injury and my coach put me in as a forward and I scored the winning goal, my only ever shot, my only ever goal, I’ve been a fan of beer since and I sure miss the good ol’ days.

My old man’s told me the story 50 times. But his was kind of the opposite. He let in three goals in the first two periods and his team scored one. During intermission he promised he wouldn’t let in another goal and that it was up to them. He kept his promise and they won :towel:

30 minutes ago, Bo fan said:

You guys do know there is a few of us "boomers" on this forum that became part of the hippie movement - good times - too bad you missed out. Now lets send those desert coyotes running

Star Wars Ok GIF

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

I, and many, fully expected this roster to make the playoffs 

we signed Miller, Ferland Myers and had Hughes, ep with a year under his belt

why wouldn’t You think we would make the playoffs?

my Only reservation was our crap coaching and that’s what will keep us out of the playoffs 

Yeah but nobody expected Vezina caliber goaltending from Marky and without that the Canucks are easily 4-5 pts behind the Hawks in 12th and the season is basically done.

4 minutes ago, You Mad Bro? said:

I wouldn't doubt it.

Not only does he believe it was his best game, it might actually be the best game he ever played. 

But Demko should only drop acid during the off season. Psychology degree or not. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, GritGrinder said:

If someone would have told you on opening night that a Wednesday night game in early March against Arizona would be one of the most critical games of the season...imagine your reaction.

Only a few of us during training camp said we would make the playoffs!

I said Calgary overachieved last season and would not match last year's performance opening up a spot for us to grab.

5 minutes ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

Also, canucks have 3 games in hand on jets and minny, and 2 on Edm and Calgary

do or die time tomorrow

Jets, Minny, and Edm won, so yeah this matchup vs the Coyotes is a huge one. Want to see the Canucks firing on all cylinders right from opening faceoff.