Sign in to follow this  
Salter

[GDT] Canucks vs Coyotes - Wednesday March 4th 2020 at 7:30 PST - "Please don't lose again" Edition

Rate this topic

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Problem is that the shots add up, every cheap shot they don’t take helps in the long run and if you think it’s bad now wait till we make the playoffs.

True... 

Its also part of growing. Fair to say that JB wanted the young players to experience the playoffs and were willing to pay for it...

And its given both Benning and Green the chance to test the character of the team. 

Marky going down did somewhat derailed the plan, but let see if they can pull it off.

Edited by spook007
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, spook007 said:

True... 

Its also part of growing. Fair to say that JB wanted the young players to experience the playoffs and were willing to pay for it...

And its given both Benning and Green the chance to test the character of the team. 

Marky going down did somewhat derailed the plan, but let see if they can pull it off.

Problem I have, we have an inexperienced team, we shouldn’t have an inexperienced coach, that’s just a recipe for failure.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Problem I have, we have an inexperienced team, we shouldn’t have an inexperienced coach, that’s just a recipe for failure.

When you have a rookie team and a rookie coach who is learning from whom or are they just perpetuating mistakes over and over again, irregardless, we need some experience from somewhere.

Edited by Dumb Nuck

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

I get, what you concerns are. 

Time will tell. 

If it is indeed Green, who is the problem, then Benning will address it in the offseason. So far I think they are on the same page. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, spook007 said:

I get, what you concerns are. 

Time will tell. 

If it is indeed Green, who is the problem, then Benning will address it in the offseason. So far I think they are on the same page. 

My wife and I are on the same page but..........never mind, I was going to make some clever analogy how it doesn’t work out but I get beer on game nights and sympathy sex when we lose.

Edited by Dumb Nuck
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, IBatch said:

Crosby has dealt with this his entire career.    Not like it didn't happen when enforcers were around.  That said just read Gretzky's book and he feels about those guys watching his back.  McSorely HAD to be part of the trade or NO deal.   Then the uproar was so loud and didn't abate when he was traded to PIT he was soon back.  All most teams have now are the refs.   Enforcers leave and the first thing players start doing like a bunch of brats in grade school is slash each other's hands (a huge code violation) to the degree that the league had to step in with the same seriousness as post lock-out obstruction.    I'm agreeing with you just so it's clear.   EP is going to have to grow thick skin the same way the Sedins did to survive and prosper.   Enforcers have a role in every single group.   Now there is none left really ... I doubt the league will ever ref games in a way that takes over the role correctly.   which means abuse to stars with no retaliation.  And refs won't go much further then 2-1 calls for one team, means a lot of extra whacks and dirty hits don't get called.   Ugh. 

Pretty much sums it up...exactly what we are seeing already.

• Hydration 1

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

My wife and I are on the same page but..........never mind, I was going to make some clever analogy how it doesn’t work out but I get beer on game nights and sympathy sex when we lose.

Cheers.

Life is all about perspective. Nothing wrong with neither....

:) 

It’s game day, time to put on your big boy pants.

Well I am ready to be flamed once again by the Loui haters, but here we go.  I wanted to bring up a crucial goal that we gave up against Columbus that started our downward spiral.  

It was the goal given up by Bo's line.  There was a turnover in the neutral zone that immediately went back towards our net.  The key play happened when a Blue Jacket sent a pass that went right over Jake's stick and one pass later ended up in our net.  

I feel that it's one of those "little things" that Loui excels at (batting pucks down, winning board battles and breaking up plays).  So while it's tough to say that having him on Bo's line would've broken up that play, I just wanted to point out a perfect example where Loui's defensive prowess and the ability to neutralize the opposition could've been very important for us. 

I thought that Bo's line looked better in the last game with Jake as they were more dynamic offensively.  On the other hand, someone had brought up a point in the last GDT "Loui is just a one in a million defensive player.  We can easily get defensive players anywhere, even out of Utica"  

It kind of reminded me that a lot of fans believe that anyone can play good defensive hockey and that's simply not true.  Most of our team really sucks defensively and is terrible at taking the puck away from the opposition. 

Keep that in mind as you're all hollering for Loui to be sent to Kalamazoo ;) 

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Well I am ready to be flamed once again by the Loui haters, but here we go.  I wanted to bring up a crucial goal that we gave up against Columbus that started our downward spiral.  

It was the goal given up by Bo's line.  There was a turnover in the neutral zone that immediately went back towards our net.  The key play happened when a Blue Jacket sent a pass that went right over Jake's stick and one pass later ended up in our net.  

I feel that it's one of those "little things" that Loui excels at (batting pucks down, winning board battles and breaking up plays).  So while it's tough to say that having him on Bo's line would've broken up that play, I just wanted to point out a perfect example where Loui's defensive prowess and the ability to neutralize the opposition could've been very important for us. 

I thought that Bo's line looked better in the last game with Jake as they were more dynamic offensively.  On the other hand, someone had brought up a point in the last GDT "Loui is just a one in a million defensive player.  We can easily get defensive players anywhere, even out of Utica"  

It kind of reminded me that a lot of fans believe that anyone can play good defensive hockey and that's simply not true.  Most of our team really sucks defensively and is terrible at taking the puck away from the opposition. 

Keep that in mind as you're all hollering for Loui to be sent to Kalamazoo ;) 

I was kind of wondering where Bo and Pearson were on that goal? 

They were both right beside the scorer at the blue line but nowhere in sight when he batted in the puck

that said, there was really no reason not to have Loui out there protecting a lead

Edited by lmm

Miller - Pettersson - Toffoli

Pearson - Horvat - Eriksson

Virtanen - Gaudette - MacEwen

Motte - Beagle - Sutter

Roussel

Give Roussel a break. He was our biggest liability besides goaltending on the road trip.

He had a really strong season last year but his knee injury might have ended his prime..

he doesn't seem to win puck battles, takes stupid penalties and also doesn't fight/scare

anyone. 

Give our third line a new look. Virtanen on his off wing with Gaudette and MacEwen. They can 

all score, fight, skate and hit hard (besides Gaudette). They will struggle a bit defensively but with

the right match-ups this line will do damage. I could seem them growing into a pretty mean 

line to play against.

Once Boeser is back Eriksson sits and Toffoli slides to the second line with Horvat and Pearson.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

That's why you are a Canucks fan.  

You must get some very mixed feelings during games.

Update

CGY:  75 pts 15GR: CBJ, ARI, VGK, NYI, WPG, NYR, NYI, NJD, TB, SJS, ANA, VAN, WPG, VGK, EDM
VAN: 74pts 17GR: ARI, COL, CBJ, NYI, ARI, COL, WPG, TB, ANA,LAK, VGK, SJS, CGY,ANA,DAL, ARI, VGK
NSH: 72pts 16GR: DAL, DAL, MTL, TOR, CBJ, MIN,COL,PHI, CHI, WPG,LAK,ARI, COL, MTL, PHI, MIN
WPG: 74pts 14GR: VGK, ARI, EDM, CGY, VAN, FLA, MIN, DAL,NSH,COL, VGK, CGY, COL, ARI
ARI: 72pts 15GR: VAN, CGY, WPG, VAN, NYR, DAL, VGK, DET,LAK, VGK,NSH, SJS, COL, VAN, WPG
MIN: 73pts 16GR:  SJS, LAK, ANA, VGK, PHI, NSH, CHI, CHI, WPG, COL, NJD, BUF, STL, NYI, WSH, NSH

ARI = 1 CGY, 2 WPG, 1 NSH, 3 VAN:  Most points they can get= 16pts,OTL= 8pts
NSH= 2 MIN, 1 WPG, 1 ARI: Most pts they can get= 8pts, OTL= 4pts
WPG= 2 ARI, 2 CGY, 1 VAN: Most pts they can get= 10pts, OTL= 5pts
MIN= 2 NSH, 1 WPG: Most pts they can get= 6pts, OTL= 3pts
CGY= 1 ARI, 2 WPG, 1 VAN: Most pts they can get= 8pts, OTL= 4pts
VAN = 3 ARI, 1WPG, 1 CGY: Most pts they can get= 10pts, OTL= 5pts

ARI MAX = 88pts, ARI MID = 80pts, ARI LOW=72pts GR= 8
CGY MAX= 83pts, CGY MID = 79pts, CGY LOW= 75pts GR= 11
NSH MAX= 80pts, NSH MID= 76pts, NSH LOW= 72pts GR= 12
WPG MAX= 84pts, WPG MID= 79pts, WPG LOW= 74pts GR= 9
MIN MAX= 79pts, MIN MID= 76pts, MIN LOW= 73pts GR= 12
VAN MAX= 84pts, VAN MIN= 79pts, Van Low= 74pts GR= 12

Current Standings:

CGY- 75 points- 15GR * playoff spot

VAN- 74 points- 17GR * playoff spot

WPG- 74 points- 14GR * playoff spot

MIN- 73 points- 16GR

NSH- 72 Points- 16GR

ARI- 72Points- 15GR

3 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Update

CGY:  75 pts 15GR: CBJ, ARI, VGK, NYI, WPG, NYR, NYI, NJD, TB, SJS, ANA, VAN, WPG, VGK, EDM
VAN: 74pts 17GR: ARI, COL, CBJ, NYI, ARI, COL, WPG, TB, ANA,LAK, VGK, SJS, CGY,ANA,DAL, ARI, VGK
NSH: 72pts 16GR: DAL, DAL, MTL, TOR, CBJ, MIN,COL,PHI, CHI, WPG,LAK,ARI, COL, MTL, PHI, MIN
WPG: 74pts 14GR: VGK, ARI, EDM, CGY, VAN, FLA, MIN, DAL,NSH,COL, VGK, CGY, COL, ARI
ARI: 72pts 15GR: VAN, CGY, WPG, VAN, NYR, DAL, VGK, DET,LAK, VGK,NSH, SJS, COL, VAN, WPG
MIN: 73pts 16GR:  SJS, LAK, ANA, VGK, PHI, NSH, CHI, CHI, WPG, COL, NJD, BUF, STL, NYI, WSH, NSH

ARI = 1 CGY, 2 WPG, 1 NSH, 3 VAN:  Most points they can get= 16pts,OTL= 8pts
NSH= 2 MIN, 1 WPG, 1 ARI: Most pts they can get= 8pts, OTL= 4pts
WPG= 2 ARI, 2 CGY, 1 VAN: Most pts they can get= 10pts, OTL= 5pts
MIN= 2 NSH, 1 WPG: Most pts they can get= 6pts, OTL= 3pts
CGY= 1 ARI, 2 WPG, 1 VAN: Most pts they can get= 8pts, OTL= 4pts
VAN = 3 ARI, 1WPG, 1 CGY: Most pts they can get= 10pts, OTL= 5pts

ARI MAX = 88pts, ARI MID = 80pts, ARI LOW=72pts GR= 8
CGY MAX= 83pts, CGY MID = 79pts, CGY LOW= 75pts GR= 11
NSH MAX= 80pts, NSH MID= 76pts, NSH LOW= 72pts GR= 12
WPG MAX= 84pts, WPG MID= 79pts, WPG LOW= 74pts GR= 9
MIN MAX= 79pts, MIN MID= 76pts, MIN LOW= 73pts GR= 12
VAN MAX= 84pts, VAN MIN= 79pts, Van Low= 74pts GR= 12

Current Standings:

CGY- 75 points- 15GR * playoff spot

VAN- 74 points- 17GR * playoff spot

WPG- 74 points- 14GR * playoff spot

MIN- 73 points- 16GR

NSH- 72 Points- 16GR

ARI- 72Points- 15GR

I dont understand this at all

• Thanks 4

Wow! We are in a stretch drive. Been so long that I've watched meaningful games in March.  GCG!

• Hydration 2

1 minute ago, 73 Percent said:

I dont understand this at all

its saying how many games the teams close to us have left.

it then states the game they have against each other (both teams can't get 2 points) Max is the maximum amount of points they can get, Mid is if they lose every game in Overtime, Low is if they lose every game in regulation. GR is the games that they would have remaining after words. I am basically showing how important the games against the teams in our division will be.

7 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

its saying how many games the teams close to us have left.

it then states the game they have against each other (both teams can't get 2 points) Max is the maximum amount of points they can get, Mid is if they lose every game in Overtime, Low is if they lose every game in regulation. GR is the games that they would have remaining after words. I am basically showing how important the games against the teams in our division will be.

Better than the amazing race.  Thank you!