Sign in to follow this  
Salter

[GDT] Canucks vs Coyotes - Wednesday March 4th 2020 at 7:30 PST - "Please don't lose again" Edition

Rate this topic

9 hours ago, luckylager said:

I'm 41, my Pops is 70. He orders like a drunken frat boy.

Doesn't matter if it's drive through or at a restaurant.

Then the food comes and he's like "who's gonna eat all this food?"

Lmao

Ha ha ha.  Get home about once a year and my 70 year old Dad is often on all sorts of crazy diets (Mom still makes all the meals)...and treats him like an addict when he's not happy about the bird seed salads and no gluten in his bread (literally Mom says he's addicted to food, and well I think that's funny isn't everyone?even if he probably is  - must be Addicted to air too ha ha ).  

One day he eats a big breakfast, right after we go out to get some water for his cooler (no way would they do delivery, bad for the environment and the pocketbook - but still has to DRIVE to get it right)...we get the water and he's like "just a minute just going to check something at Tim Hortons" and comes back with two sausage breakfast sandwiches (he offers me one like he's doing it for me as a "treat" but he knows I'm not hungry and can tell by his huge grin how happy he is I said no) because they were 2 for 4$ and now he gets both.   Have dozens of these when it comes to my Dad, nobody I know finds more joy in eating. (A few years ago he found and ate several boxes of chocolate covered granola bars while visiting our house and hid the containers behind the couch)   And he's not fat or even overweight.  I like the drunken frat boy reference.   My Dad still has a big appetite but it's not what it used to be - and a few times the last ten years while visiting he's shown jealousy over younger people eating more (I find that hilarious)..have to wonder what it is we do that our kids find ridiculous.  Maybe spending a lot of free time on a Canucks forum ha ha. 

• Like 3
  • Hydration 1

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Our boys are going to light ‘em up tonight!

Going to be a barn burner ... been a few games now since we whooped Boston....need to score five goals to get our points ..

Edited by IBatch
  • Vintage 2

48 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I think you’re thinking of LaFayette. 

Ahhhh....I was wondering why he posted that to my LaFontaine comment...now it makes sense!!

• Hydration 1

On 3/2/2020 at 2:11 PM, fanfor42 said:

I'm going to this game.  Seats behind the Canucks bench.  I really wanna see how the team is reacting to the coach at this point.  We simply have to win this game!

I’m heading to this game aswell! Don’t have as fancy of seats as you though:towel:

Big Game! 

We have games in hand on the teams around us. Our fate is still very much in our own hands... and it's March. When is the last time you remember being able to say that. What a season this team has had to get to this point. 

Now they have to fight through adversity and injuries and cross the finish line. It's exciting to be on the edge of my seat again. 

This is the first real step up for our new core of Canucks, and i would love nothing more than to see them get to the dance. But, they have scratched, clawed and fought there way to this point. IF they fall short, and we have to face another long off-season with a top 15 pick, i will swallow it and anxiously await next season to see the next step this young group of players will take. 

Huge game... Let's Go Canucks!

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 2

Hope the Canucks win obviously.

having said that, I’m about to make a cowardice comment and so I understand if posters on here will be upset with me.

The loss to Columbus broke me.   I would man up if I was a player, but the fan in me is broken.   As a result, I won’t watch tonight’s game.   I’ll need to see the Canucks win a few games before I hope back on the bandwagon.  I just can’t stomach the idea of them possibly pissing away the season due to Markstrom’s injury.

Go Canucks.   And I also praise you guys for having thicker skin than I do.

• Hydration 1
  • Confused 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, DarkIndianRises said:

Hope the Canucks win obviously.

having said that, I’m about to make a cowardice comment and so I understand if posters on here will be upset with me.

The loss to Columbus broke me.   I would man up if I was a player, but the fan in me is broken.   As a result, I won’t watch tonight’s game.   I’ll need to see the Canucks win a few games before I hope back on the bandwagon.  I just can’t stomach the idea of them possibly pissing away the season due to Markstrom’s injury.

Go Canucks.   And I also praise you guys for having thicker skin than I do.

I’ve tried that in the past. I even turned my tv off in the middle of the game and just had to still check the score online to find out the Canucks scored so even though they still didn’t have a good shot at tying the game I turned it back on to witness a couple empty netters. I hate empty netters so much.

We’ll win tonight my friend

• Huggy Bear 1

As much as I would love to see playoff hockey, I just want to see some passion. Come out, play hard and look like a team that wants to win. No floating, no shifts off, hard nose hockey to the end. Lets go boys! GCG

13 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Anyone upset with you for not watching the game tonight is ridiculous. It's your right to decide how you choose to be a fan. It's hard being invested in a team and watching them blow a lead, and then losing in the last five minutes.

That was a crushing loss for sure, but I felt the team panic when the Nash goal went in. Can't imagine how Domingue feels, but the loss definitely wasn't on him. He was playing lights out (like 26 for 27 or something?) until our team had a few derp moments. They gotta figure out how to close out a game

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Hopefully Demko continues his solid play at home. I think he will have a strong game tonight.

• Upvote 1