The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Coyotes - Wednesday March 4th 2020 at 7:30 PST - "Please don't lose again" Edition

Rate this topic

Salter

3 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

None of this is a quote by JP Barry. It's just the writer stirring the pot. 

I'd be interested to hear what Barry thinks his client wants to do.

The agent has collected on his end of the deal.

I'm sure JP would prefer an amicable solution which helps his own personal brand around the league with future negotiations.

2 hours ago, Devron44 said:

As long as the time and place is right. I’m all for some smashing. Sometimes it’s taken to the extreme around here. For example Everyone wanted MacEwen in the lineup last game (myself included) but that fight was a poor call on his part. Up 3-1 in the opposing building. Fans were quiet. You don’t start a fight imo

I agree.

But don't the coaches pipe in to have him know that playing hard is all we need now, no fisticuffs!

By not doing that you have left the kid to play on his terms.

Edited by 6string
  • Cheers 1

Just now, 6string said:

I agree.

But don't the coaches pipe in to have him know that playing hard is all we need now, no fisticuffs!

I’m thinking so. I think Green has preached playing heavy and hard on the puck all year. I guess it’s up to the players to follow through with that. Been disappointed in our vets the last few games on that. Let’s hope that changes cause our young players need that support. That’s why JB paid them handsomely to come here. Beagle is a big loss there too

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Arrow 1983 said:

I'm really hoping for a loss if the Canucks can lose most of their games, we can still get a top 10 draft pick to build on the core we currently have

We should all chant 

Let's lose Canucks let's lose

doperskarelogo.thumb.jpg.6fd39f41453482bebd9f5cf213ebe11e.jpg  Half a blunt per day as prescribed...

• Cheers 1

here is how I see things at this point, we will most likely not make the playoffs under green and the bright light in that scenario is Green and his “coaching” staff will be fired and we will get a top 10 pick 

if by some miracle Green leads this team to the playoffs, we finally get in the show and many players get a taste of what it’s like 

win win scenarios 

7 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Only half? Get a new doctor bro!

@Arrow 1983 , you suck dude. Some of us fans hate losing so &^@#ing bad we go into full blown gif fits when finding ourselves at a loss for words when the team we love takes a huge dump on the ice.

It makes us angry, sad, leaves us with this irrational emptiness, a pit in our gut that is so damn illogical we just spew endless stupid $&!#.... in the PGT. In the PGT because we're passionate, we love our team and we &^@#ing hate losing.

You on the other hand are coming into the GDT, cheering for losses that haven't happened yet, rubbing salt in wounds and generally just trolling those of us with a competitive spirit.

So &^@# you man.

I don't usually vent on trolls, but I'm weak and entirely sick of defeatist losers who don't have a goddam clue.

Canucks are gonna come out pissy and embarrassed by that $&!#ty road trip. The game will get taken to those &^@#ing desert welfare muts and we're gonna win. 

No more stupid $&!#. Go Canucks Go

And if come out and stink out the joint then what? 

who is accountable? 

3 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Isn't that always the question though? Who is accountable?

From the very start of the season there seemed to be a CDC consensus that Green would most certainly be fired if he failed to get the team into the playoffs this year. Most of us had the team as "on the bubble" with Vegas and Calgary pegged to go 1 and 2.

Nothing has changed man.

There's no way in hell Green gets fired in the middle of a playoff push from a young, bipolar team that is having high highs and very low lows.

That's just a totally insane proposition. 

Nobody on here is defending Green like he's an amazing coach, but now would be the worst possible time to fire him. Could totally fire Baumer and move Manny up, but that's a different topic.

What’s to lose? We are not on a playoff trajectory so why not throw a Hail Mary ?

its working fine for Vegas and look at the Wild and the Flames. Blues last year 

it can work and it’s not like much else is working right now 

• Wat 2

2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

What’s to lose? We are not on a playoff trajectory so why not throw a Hail Mary ?

its working fine for Vegas and look at the Wild and the Flames. Blues last year 

it can work and it’s not like much else is working right now 

Those teams had better timing.

Can't hail mary when you're already running the ball.

Edited by luckylager
  • Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

There’s a Fire Green thread I believe 

Oh that’s how the agenda will be controlled now? 

sorry this is GDT for the team and until he is fired Green is part of the team therefore talking about Green fits just fine in this thread