Sign in to follow this  
Salter

[GDT] Canucks vs Coyotes - Wednesday March 4th 2020 at 7:30 PST - "Please don't lose again" Edition

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, ey40 said:

3-2 Coyotes in OT, and I seriously want the Canucks to prove me wrong.

I have the same feeling of that happening too...or even worse, I feel like a one goal loss tomorrow in a very boring game, Phoenix is very good playing that boring game.

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Has the file name, which goes to a generic error page as a link.

I just tried (briefly) to find the sig option on my profile, and I can't.

I haven't used an actually computer for cdc is years, so maybe that's it, but whatever.

• Hydration 1
  • Burr 2

5 hours ago, Wayne Jetski said:

Antoine Rousell: “Every rookie has been better then me”....

E0F97AC7-25D0-4EE1-AE92-49C876476C7F.gif

Go coyotes! 

Go reverse psychology! 

Just no bad goals and we’ll be ok 

• Hydration 1

7 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

I'm going to this game.  Seats behind the Canucks bench.  I really wanna see how the team is reacting to the coach at this point.  We simply have to win this game!

I’ll be watching, can I get a shout out ? 

1 hour ago, luckylager said:

Only half? Get a new doctor bro!

@Arrow 1983 , you suck dude. Some of us fans hate losing so &^@#ing bad we go into full blown gif fits when finding ourselves at a loss for words when the team we love takes a huge dump on the ice.

It makes us angry, sad, leaves us with this irrational emptiness, a pit in our gut that is so damn illogical we just spew endless stupid $&!#.... in the PGT. In the PGT because we're passionate, we love our team and we &^@#ing hate losing.

You on the other hand are coming into the GDT, cheering for losses that haven't happened yet, rubbing salt in wounds and generally just trolling those of us with a competitive spirit.

So &^@# you man.

I don't usually vent on trolls, but I'm weak and entirely sick of defeatist losers who don't have a goddam clue.

Canucks are gonna come out pissy and embarrassed by that $&!#ty road trip. The game will get taken to those &^@#ing desert welfare muts and we're gonna win. 

No more stupid $&!#. Go Canucks Go

I really hope you come back to reality and remember it's only a game

I also pray that you don't have any sons that play hockey

I am a father of a 4 year old who started playing hockey at 3 years old

I have learned a lot about how much Hockey is just a game and how it should just be played for the fun of playing it

so no I really don't care if the Canucks win or lose I just like watching the game with my 2 sons, the other one is 2 and a half years old, 

Let me tell you this, let me tell this whole fan base, my kids cheer when either side scores a game, they don't know any different and honestly I wouldn't want to tell them any different I get to watch the pure joy it gives them when they see a team score a goal. If all fans where like the child they once where this game would be a whole lot more fun for them, their would be none of this weird frustration that you guys feel when the team loses, trust me it is just strange to read a PGT and see how pissed off people are with something they can't even control.

Somewhere down the road fans got conditioned to get pissed off about games. I highly recommend fans re-condition themselves to just love the game as it should be as a game.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

I have learned a lot about how much Hockey is just a game and how it should just be played for the fun of playing it

so no I really don't care if the Canucks win or lose I just like watching the game with my 2 sons, the other one is 2 and a half years old, 

Let me tell you this, let me tell this whole fan base, my kids cheer when either side scores a game, they don't know any different and honestly I wouldn't want to tell them any different I get to watch the pure joy it gives them when they see a team score a goal. If all fans where like the child they once where this game would be a whole lot more fun for them, their would be none of this weird frustration that you guys feel when the team loses, trust me it is just strange to read a PGT and see how pissed off people are with something they can't even control.

Somewhere down the road fans got conditioned to get pissed off about games. I highly recommend fans re-condition themselves to just love the game as it should be as a game.

Where did you find this quote?

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Nah bud, you don't get to try and take some high road after coming in and hoping for losses.

I feel sorry for your kids, if they have a competitive spirit, knowing that their dad might be cheering for their team to lose just so they can have your preferred seeding in a tourney or the playoffs.

My kids are older than yours, one of them plays rep hockey. Hoping for losses is a loser mentality and I hope that way of thinking doesn't rub off into your kids, or their their teammates.

and this is the conditioning I'm talking about, and your passing it onto your kids

do you beat your son to or verbally abuse them if they don't win, 

I don't root for anyone to lose, but if your going to lose cheer them anyways

way to go that's some good losing

You lose like the pros 

Edited by Arrow 1983

2 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Where did you find this quote?

it is not a quote it is learned experience 

9 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Nah bud, you don't get to try and take some high road after coming in and hoping for losses.

I feel sorry for your kids, if they have a competitive spirit, knowing that their dad might be cheering for their team to lose just so they can have your preferred seeding in a tourney or the playoffs.

My kids are older than yours, one of them plays rep hockey. Hoping for losses is a loser mentality and I hope that way of thinking doesn't rub off onto your kids, or their their teammates.

also stop calling me dude and Bud I am neither to you

By the way I coach my son, I played all the way up to University hockey, and trust me I know the way it was and the way it is, I wouldn't let any of my past coaches near my sons 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

The conditioning you're talking about? Playing to win?

And don't talk in circles, everybody has read youre be back on page 2 or 3.

Cupcake, I think you're very confused over what has transpired here.

Are you trying to talk tough by calling me Cupcake if so I find it funny 

3 minutes ago, luckylager said:

The conditioning you're talking about? Playing to win?

And don't talk in circles, everybody has read youre be back on page 2 or 3.

Cupcake, I think you're very confused over what has transpired here.

Also it is not the fans playing to win 

all the fans do is watch the game they have no control of

3 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

also stop calling me dude and Bud I am neither to you

:lol: Lmao this was SO Canadian 

• Hydration 2

25 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

This is a thoughtful post.  I believe you.

i disagree with you.

here is why:

I believe, at least for me, that part of living is feeling a win or a loss.

i play hockey and to this day I feel that the reason that wins are/were so great is because the losses are/were so destroying.

1 minute ago, riffraff said:

This is a thoughtful post.  I believe you.

i disagree with you.

here is why:

I believe, at least for me, that part of living is feeling a win or a loss.

i play hockey and to this day I feel that the reason that wins are/were so great is because the losses are/were so destroying.

the difference is that in one scenario your playing the game in the other your watching the game

I believe in emotion in playing the game trust me I know I played till I was 22 

but negative emotions well watching a game seriously