The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Coyotes - Wednesday March 4th 2020 at 7:30 PST - "Please don't lose again" Edition

Rate this topic

Salter

4 minutes ago, philtbc829 said:

well thats it then....especially....with the way they have been in the 3rd.....they had their chances but couldn't bury them....

its not like they haven't tried, the boys played hard that period and Jake was on fire!

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Most frustrating part of watching this team right now.

You have an odd man rush with players going to the net and you decide on the blind back pass. Someone needs to remind them they’re on a 3 game losing streak right now.

Thats why I liked AV as a coach. He was all about the high percentage plays. Every one but the Sedins were told to always make the simple play.

Seems like Green is giving too many players the green light to play like Pettersson.

but the back pass thing have got to be brown ya? i dunno whoever invented the back pass should be fired.. like every team playing the canucks knows they'll pass back after hitting the center ice.. they don't even need to pressure them and line up 4 across the blue line lol

Just now, drdeath said:

The good news is this is basically the Columbus game in reverse except this time we’re the team that should probably be losing by more. And we’re only down 1! 

We're generating some good O-zone pressure, just snake-bitten. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Amebushi said:

I would pay good money to watch some goon hockey. Sick of this turn the other cheek BS. Lose 5-0 but kick some ass. Maybe a fight or 10 will tech these kids how to act like a team

ah, you mean there's been a downside to adopting a Sedinery style of play? <_<

Give Coyotees some credit, that are playing hard  tight checking game. Plus a great goaltending.  Problem is Canucks don't know what to do and how to score in this hard playoffs-likeenviroment. On a positive side- young guys are getting  important experience. Life will go on even after this game, we'll see better days.

GCG

7 minutes ago, philtbc829 said:

well thats it then....especially....with the way they have been in the 3rd.....they had their chances but couldn't bury them....

What percentage of  Canucks goals this season have been 3rd period goals?

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

but the back pass thing have got to be brown ya? i dunno whoever invented the back pass should be fired.. like every team playing the canucks knows they'll pass back after hitting the center ice.. they don't even need to pressure them and line up 4 across the blue line lol

Oh on the power play yea it’s so predictable.

I was talking more about just rushes in general. We’ve had a few the last couple games that the just needed to get the puck to the net and get a rebound and they threw the puck back.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

That powerplay was brutal buddy. They couldn't even make a pass.

Ahhh which is evidence to "they didn't understand how important it was."

They just didn't execute. That's all. Stop attributing our failures to the players not caring. You're letting your own emotions affect logic. You think Horvat would've made that pass if he just simply understood how important the powerplay was?

Edited by Grape
  • Wat 1

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

It's way too easy to read when 2 forwards stop at the blue line and wait for the puck carrier. Really overplayed and under effective entry strategy. Team needs to start hitting the damn line with speed

• Cheers 1