The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Eriksson to ANA

Just now, Alflives said:

Cap ain’t increasing.  The Sharks just announced they will have no fans in the arena for their March 19 home game.  If this no fans spreads there will be a reduction in cap.  

I don’t know where you are hearing the cap isn’t increasing because that’s news to the NHL GM’s and the league. The coronavirus is not going to affect next years salary cap, you must one of the guys buying all the toilet paper at Costco if you think that. It’s only one team that is being told to not have 3 home games. 

Just now, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

I don’t know where you are hearing the cap isn’t increasing because that’s news to the NHL GM’s and the league. The coronavirus is not going to affect next years salary cap, you must one of the guys buying all the toilet paper at Costco if you think that. It’s only one team that is being told to not have 3 home games. 

Cap was going up last year too, and it barely increased.  The only reason the cap went up in recent years is the NHPA activation of their escalator clause.  They said they will not do that anymore, because they want escrow to disappear.  Escrow is at 15%.  Cap has to come down for escrow to disappear.  That’s a bad look for the league; it’s almost like contraction.  So, that will not happen.  However, if more games are played with no fans, then the league has an excuse to decrease the cap.  Maybe the cap actually goes down to 80 million, which reduces escrow to under 10%? 

Eriksson...………..1. Retires after July 15th

2. Terminates by mutual agreement after July 15th  

3. Compliance Buyout before Entry Draft

4. Regular Buyout

5. Utica

6. Trade with pick

7. Trade with prospect

Baertschi...……….1. Trade before season starts 

2. Trade before season starts with retention

3. Regular Buyout

4. Utica

5. Retires

Sutter...…………...1. Trade

2. Trade with retention

3. Trade with pick

4. Trade with prospect

5. Compliance buyout before entry draft

Tanev.....................1. Could be traded at the Draft

2. Might just be let go

Stecher .................1. Traded

2. Might just be let go

I could go on, but really what is the point...……….The only point is Benning has options, some that cost money, some that are free, and some that cost assets. There are teams that might need Eriksson's entire cap hit...…....….(Ottawa and New Jersey) and could also use his defense) ..........Look at Horvat's defensive stats with and without Eriksson

I will just wait, thanks, and will get Pssd off, "IF" the cost is too much!

I just don't see what everyone is getting worked up about............................its all specutlation/sky is falling!