The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Arizona Coyotes at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 04, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, High and Inside said:

At first I thought it was just bad breaks with Stech but this is getting to be too much. He got bailed by a couple giveaways earlier and then the horrific turnover on the winner. I can’t stomach some guys on this team anymore. Why does the coach keep rolling 4 lines in the third? Good coaches shorten the bench. Should of been rolling the Horvat and Miller line/ 4 d for the last 10 minutes of the game once we got the lead. 

Yup looked like a mini mite game where the buzzer goes off every 90 seconds for a line change. 6 minutes left you roll 2 lines and give a quick shift to the 3rd line. 

2 minutes ago, 180sret said:

I'm sorry guys, but I'm kind of laughing at CDC (Canunks DayCare?). I love this team and am still excited for the future.

I see a team learning that they need to find that second gear ( get out of their comfort zone). Miller is leading the charge. Gotta lose as a good team to learn how to win! 

Regardless, win or lose I find the sun still rises every morning, enjoy the ride!

Hey look yall a new fan...

Just kiddin

3 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

It’s frustrating at the moment but I still think the boys will figure it out and will secure at least a wildcard spot at the end. 

They are not playing bad hockey, just no bounce and no breaks. This group deserves a playoff spot with the way this season has gone this far. But the NHL isn't a league just handing out participation ribbons, we will see if the boys can string some wins together to get back in on this. It does gets harder and harder.

• Cheers 1

Just now, canuck2288 said:

The team just needs a shot in the arm 

I just know that Green is the issue. There is no way the players like a guy that plays plugs and punishes guys that bust their butt 

fire him now and the team will go on a run 

Benning can stand behind the bench 

truck lol GIF

I know people are pissed at Roussel being out there to end the game, but keep in mind so was Gaudette. Something tells me that was a line change and neither got off. Also  Roussel did have some good chances at the end. Say Roussel and Gaudette skate to the bench for a line change. Now we are playing 4 on 5 with no goalie while they leave. It was unfortunate and I personally think the coach should have managed the lines better so they aren't put in that situation. I imagine you want your first or second line on the ice with 2-3 minutes left. That way one of your premier lines is fresh for the empty net moments. Why the 3rd line was out there is beyond me. Can't yell at them for the coaching decisions.

Also, ideally Stecher doesn't sh*t the bed and we end up in a do or die situation to end the game. But hey, if we didn't have bad luck we'd have no luck and we aren't allowed to have no luck.

1 minute ago, 6string said:

Wow,you are in sad shape tonight.

Go for a walk...

Apparently when you say Gudbranson isn't as bad as people on CDC say he is it automatically means you want Sutter wearing a C and Gudbranson wearing A’s for some reason. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Fire Green!

It's not Green 

It's Because the team is Green

The core is being lead by youth

What is going on is, the Canucks are playing fast and furious, but their recovery time is falling short.

The Vets make mistakes cause their to slow and the youth make mistakes cause they haven't figured out a balance between speed and high danger passes and defensive recovery

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

Benning has gone all in this season to make the playoffs....  We have moved considerable future assets to make the playoffs this year. ? 

Should Benning  be back next year if the Canucks don't make it in this year ?  Should his coach TG be brought back if we miss the playoffs ?

It was IMO the wrong timing to say the rebuild was finished, and move out assets in hopes to just squeak into the playoffs.  I think it’s Aquilini who’s pulling the strings.  

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Benning has gone all in this season to make the playoffs....  We have moved considerable future assets to make the playoffs this year. ? 

Should Benning  be back next year if the Canucks don't make it in this year ?  Should his coach TG be brought back if we miss the playoffs ?

I don't actually think you know what conditional pick means. 

• Wat 1