The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Arizona Coyotes at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 04, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

What get me the most is Green’s absolute refusal to find fault in his coaching or team 

with that warped arrogant attitude the team possibly can’t improve 

yhe message gets to the players, we lost, no big deal. Coach is ok with it 

It's honestly bizarre. The Canucks haven't outplayed their opponents in any of the games. If the Canucks were out-shooting their opponents by a wide margin and losing, then it's a different story. The team has been awful for a while. It took Markstrom getting injured to see how much the team was relying on goaltending. 

If Green is that arrogant after a game like this, it's time for him to go. 

Tanner Pearson said that they get complacent when they get up a goal and that they need to find a way to play like they are down a goal when they are actually up a goal. Said its been a problem for most of the year. I don't know how you can let it happen over and over without doing something about it. That is not good.

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Virtanen was double shifted in the 3rd just wasn't on the last minute. Toffoli, Bo, Miller, Hughes, Edler and Petey all played much of the final 5 minutes. So not sure what you're on about not playing our best players... 

Ummm Benn and Fanta ?

roussel in the last 2 minutes?

sutter and Loui getting regular shifts 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 180sret said:

Perhaps, but I see a team playing with the same "pace", thinking that it's worked all year for them. Good playoff teams have learnt to dig deeper and play outside their comfort zone when the need arises. This team is still learning. They are going to have to keep digging down to win again. Then learn to do it consistently.

I'm not worried, either they make the playoffs (hopefully) or they regroup next year.

This I think is the sole responsibility of the coaching staffs. Blowing lead after lead in recent games but they still deployed the same players to protect the lead. It clearly shows that when the stake is high, the coaching staffs still approach it the same way.

36 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

The team just needs a shot in the arm 

I just know that Green is the issue. There is no way the players like a guy that plays plugs and punishes guys that bust their butt 

fire him now and the team will go on a run 

Benning can stand behind the bench 

Malholtra interim head coach.

• Like 2

Just now, DeNiro said:

What happened to gaining sustained pressure before pulling the goalie?

I feel like Green pulls the goalie at the 2 minute mark every time as soon as we dump it in.

Is this a strategy other coaches use? I swear you used to wait till you had pressure and there was a minute left.

Yup, as soon as we approach two minutes left with puck in our possesion at neautral ice, the goalie is on his way out to wait for the dump in.

WE are not even assured of puck possession?

So with all the dumping on Green it’s important to keep other people accountable.

We need more from Pettersson and Horvat in these games. I know it’s only Petey’s second season but if he wants to be paid 8-9 million and be the go to guy he needs to step up in games like this.

Its not just the coach that needs to be better.

• Cheers 1

Time to dust off the golf clubs,this season is done

.LETS ALL HOPE FOR MIRACLES SHALL WE.

I know we are supposed to be level headed and supportive but seriously,that is becoming very difficult.

We have fans(like myself) that love this team and to see the Canucks crash and burn again is very disappointing and this team need to be shaken up .

Forget that Mr. nice guy hometown guy stuff get some proper talent for DEFENSE..

IT HAS BEEN ABUNDANTLY CLEAR FOR YEARS NOW,THIS OUR BIGGEST WEAKNESS.

We have to over play a rookie just to try and hang on to a season,that shows a lack of talent in my book.

Thank goodness for Hughes, Petey, JT Miller and Captain Bo.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

So with all the dumping on Green it’s important to keep other people accountable.

We need more from Pettersson and Horvat in these games. I know it’s only Petey’s second season but if he wants to be paid 8-9 million and be the go to guy he needs to step up in games like this.

Its not just the coach that needs to be better.

Unfortunately the coach often ends up being the fall guy.  Easier to fire one coach vs trading multiple players who aren't playing up to their abilities.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

Just now, 6string said:

Yup, as soon as we approach two minutes left with puck in our possesion at neautral ice, the goalie is on his way out to wait for the dump in.

WE are not even assured of puck possession?

It always seems like a very poor strategy to me especially against a goalie that can handle the puck well.

A simple stop along the boards and a quick up and they’re shooting at our empty net. Happens every time.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Considering Jake is having a career season, he’s fine. 

Yeah, but he'd be better off if he were played properly. He should have been on the 2nd line all season. Or with Petey. Gaudette and Jake had good chemistry for 2 weeks and Green just decided to keep it that way even when it stopped working. Loui being in the top 6 for as long as he was is a joke. Cool, he forechecks decently. But brings literally nothing else. 

• Like 1