The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Arizona Coyotes at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 04, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, DeNiro said:

So with all the dumping on Green it’s important to keep other people accountable.

We need more from Pettersson and Horvat in these games. I know it’s only Petey’s second season but if he wants to be paid 8-9 million and be the go to guy he needs to step up in games like this.

Its not just the coach that needs to be better.

True, but replace him then see where we stand before rebuilding our rebuild.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Unfortunately the coach often ends up being the fall guy.  Easier to fire one coach vs tradeable multiple players who are playing up to their abilities.

True, but how exactly do we trade Sutter, Loui, and the rest of the old boys’ club that have bad contracts?  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Darkstar said:

It's honestly bizarre. The Canucks haven't outplayed their opponents in any of the games. If the Canucks were out-shooting their opponents by a wide margin and losing, then it's a different story. The team has been awful for a while. It took Markstrom getting injured to see how much the team was relying on goaltending. 

If Green is that arrogant after a game like this, it's time for him to go. 

Some of us seen this in December. :ph34r: I love being right, but in this case it sucks cause we're losing.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Hey you have 6 goals Roussel, you should be out there ahead of Pettersson. How do you respect that?

you are aware

people made similar comments last game

about green "benching" hughes

you really do not know what was going on

you are simply venting

• Wat 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

It always seems like a very poor strategy to me especially against a goalie that can handle the puck well.

A simple stop along the boards and a quick up and they’re shooting at our empty net. Happens every time.

Isn't that eventually what happened tonight with Edler stopping Richardson?

8 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Another garbage game. Unlucky first yote goal.

But then the canucks play like crap for a period and a half. I was at the game. No hustle...no hard work....no skill.  Just crap.

Virtanen was the only one hustling in the late 2nd and 3rd periods. We go up a goal and then fold like a cheap shirt.  Pathetic.  Pissing away the season in just 4 games.  Very frustrating as others have said.

You paid good money to watch this? My condolences . . . ☹️

• Cheers 1

59 minutes ago, Davathor said:

Forget winning the PAC now. We're gonna be in a dogfight for the wildcard rest of the season.

Might not be even in a fight for the wildcard by next week at this rate. Seriously they lost against weak teams and now they have to face Colorado and Dallas. Good luck. Markstrom deserves whatever he gets because this team would not even be a playoff team and maybe at best a bubble team.

It was heartbreaking to see us come back and then get the lead after not mustering enough offense for two periods, only to lose the game.
However, I loved how Virtanen, Toffoli, and Miller played. Horvat drove to the net too. We just couldn't get it out of our own end.

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Why would Roussel be out there anyway with 2 minutes left when your down a goal? It makes no sense. He's been terrible. That tells me a lot. 

Green is just an AHL coach and it shows. We are getting spanked when teams turn it up a notch, so what would happen in Playoffs??

1 minute ago, 6string said:

Isn't that eventually what happened tonight with Edler stopping Richardson?

It happens almost every time.

Better strategy to me is pushing hard for an extra minute and trying to draw a penalty.

Then you can pull the goalie with a power play and go 6 on 4. Much better odds IMO.

• Like 1

Of the past 5 seasons and the 2nd half collapse, this one is hurting the most right now.  We are so close to tasting playoff hockey and this team is falling into bad habits yet again.

Its becoming too painful to watch each game now.  Not sure I can stomach watching this team go down in flames for a 5th straight season.

8 minutes ago, Comeback_Kings said:

Gutsy team effort tonight.  Great to see Demko have a game like that as gives us hope for a better outcome next game.  Stetcher unlucky again on home ice.  Virtanen played really well.  

I love Stecher, but that turnover was more of being casual than unlucky. The yotes were forechecking like crazy to get to the puck. It was definitely not the time or place to showcase his soccer skills. Stecher's not a rookie and he should know a lot better.

Edited by 1-d

I don’t always agree with Greeners moves but you must be seriously narrow minded by saying “Fire Green” anytime things go south. For the most part he’s done well and a roller coaster ride is expected with this young team. Do people on this board actually think they can make and call better on and off ice decisions thn an actual NHL coach?