The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Arizona Coyotes at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 04, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, hammertime said:

8577536.jpg

I had no problem with Torts, almost forgot he was our coach.

I think the only reason he got fired was due to that Flames incident. Before that everyone loved Torts, after that everyone wanted him out lol.

He would coach this team well right now imo.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

From Sportsnet 650 Twitter:

Green: Just play well... Just play well. Best thing you can do is go out and play your best game. I didn't think we had any passengers. Go up and down our lineup, didn't have any players that weren't good tonight.

"Moral Victories" lol.

Seriously? No one is going to held accountable? 

This is who management believes will lead this team to the cup?

I've been saying it all along. He is not right coach for this team.

I know he's only 3 years into an NHL coaching gig, but if Benning's vision is to "win now" (like his trades seem to show) then get someone behind the bench who is capable of doing that now.

It's one thing to have the young players on your team developing but another to have coach having to develop as well.

You don't need two of those problems.

TG as a player was always known to be a joker and lighthearted guy in the locker-room. 

You mix that in with his stubbornness and arrogance as a coach and you get a lack of accountability. It's simply like he doesn't care.

I usually don't like to overreact, but if that's the voice in the locker-room to a young team after yet another 2 points stolen because of another choke.. especially during this time of the year... you shouldn't be a coach.

Please get rid of this clown.

I get what TG was saying about how its like this in the playoffs and you need to stay positive and bounce back when

things dont go your way. But I also think that if you just stat quo everything and your luke warm and never have 

a reaction to any loss then I start to question wether or not your actually holding ANYONE accountable for the sake

of staying positive. If he never looks at any of the games with a serious critical eye then I start to question his 

effectiveness as head coach.

3 minutes ago, khay said:

Never liked Babcock much but he and his systematic style might be good for the young kids, they would learn a lot. For example, how to lock down a lead in the 3rd.

But he is such a dictator that it could easily backfire as well. 

Maybe Gallant is a good middle ground.

Babcock is an arrogant prickly POS coach.  He would insist on playing the right way.  There would be no soft reaching stick checks like we see from Loui, and Sutter over and over again.  I don’t know Gallant, other than he seems a player’s coach.  

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

With 5 wins in the last 15 games you’d think there’d be major line changes, yet Green and his staff are being idiots and rolling out the same lines and group expecting a different result. Unfortunately if they miss the playoffs he may be one the pay the price, but I’d prefer they fire the assistants and surround Green with experienced coaches, not retreads like Brown, or Baumer who is clearly over his head on the defensive side of things

Unfortunately its too late now and hope Benning clears out the coaching staff except the goalie coach. They need a better head coach and a better defensive coach. I watched Carolina defend with a Zamboni driver in net and they beat the leafs. We lost to the leafs with our so called goalie of the future and all our defense intact. Now if the Zamboni driver played half the game for the canucks, I bet he would get a nice tan from the goal light and not be in Hockey Hall of Fame.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

It was not a gutsy effort tonight at all....having watched it live.

Canucks barely showed up for the first 30 minutes played.  Embarrassing. They then started playing but still found a way to lose.  No fight back...no fights....god...

Bad game overall.

Yeah, I watched here in Japan.  My view exactly.  Started to play well once they realized they could lose.  Clawed back and then showed a serious lack of effort and awareness on the second and third goals.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Not even close to Chara 2.0

11 points in 58 KHL games, how do you think that would translate to the NHL level. Definitely not top 2 numbers.

NHL is Tryamkins game, smaller rink is for him. Don’t get fooled by the KHL numbers brother, means nothing. 

I do like you @J-23, generally I do like you’re insight :). 

Cheers Canucks 20/21.  

agree to disagree 

:gocan:

Edited by The Aquamen
  • Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

i

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

I had no problem with Torts, almost forgot he was our coach.

I think the only reason he got fired was due to that Flames incident. Before that everyone loved Torts, after that everyone wanted him out lol.

He would coach this team well right now imo.

it was a hell of a lot more then that

he did not live in vancouver and did not run practices like a normal coach

he benched loungo for the winter classic game which cause lou to demand an immediate trade

he played the jebeezus out of our veteran players

i could go on

but yeah the calgary game contributed

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Not even close to Chara 2.0

11 points in 58 KHL games, how do you think that would translate to the NHL level. Definitely not top 2 numbers.

Yup.

Said it a bunch of times already.

Waaaay too much hype and expectation for a mid pairing KHL defender.

Not enough sample size to warrant those expectations.

Lots of Tryamkin homers on the boards of late.

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Babcock is an arrogant prickly POS coach.  He would insist on playing the right way.  There would be no soft reaching stick checks like we see from Loui, and Sutter over and over again.  I don’t know Gallant, other than he seems a player’s coach.  

When I think of Babs I think of his cup and the two gold medals.  Babs is a coach only suitable for players who know what it takes to win - hence the issues he had in T town.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, J-23 said:

If Tram wanted to play here, he would be here right now. 

He literally could not possibly play here even if he wanted two because:

A: He is under contract in the KHL and JB has said he will honor all KHL contracts.

B: It would be in violation of NHL rules.

3 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Unfortunately its too late now and hope Benning clears out the coaching staff except the goalie coach. They need a better head coach and a better defensive coach. I watched Carolina defend with a Zamboni driver in net and they beat the leafs. We lost to the leafs with our so called goalie of the future and all our defense intact. Now if the Zamboni driver played half the game for the canucks, I bet he would get a nice tan from the goal light and not be in Hockey Hall of Fame.

Green is not going anywhere but the nucks need a reset with the D's.  Bring back Bones

Just now, The Aquamen said:

NHL is Tryamkins game, smaller rink is for him. Don’t get fooled by the KHL numbers brother, means nothing. 

I do like you @J-23, generally I do like you’re insight :). 

Cheers Canucks 20/21.  

:gocan:

I don’t hate Tram and would love to have him back. Just irritates me when fans hype up a guy who doesn’t even want to play here.

Imo we should be hyping up the guys that want to play here. Benn, Myers, Stecher, Raffertu, Woo, Juolevi, Hughes.

Like I said don’t mind if Tram comes back but he’s not going to come back and expect a spot. Has to work his way for one, and there were issues with this before.

• Like 1

Just now, Shirotashi said:

A: He is under contract in the KHL and JB has said he will honor all KHL contracts.

C (and by far most important) His wife hates our city. 

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

Apparently Baer is too soft and Loui iS bEtTeR dEfEnSiVeLy

At this point  I think green will think about tinkering with the lines in the offseason in the hopes of maybe he can put virtanen on the second line. He rarely does game to game line adjustments, forget about on the fly line tinkering in the game. He stubbornly just sticks to same lines for the whole season. One thing I loved about AV was when he would keep changing lines in different situations and adapting to changes in the game. 

2 minutes ago, Shirotashi said:

I’m referring to when he made his decision. Chose the KHL over the NHL.

• Cheers 1