[PGT] Arizona Coyotes at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 04, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

9 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

look at the canuck fans

50 years and no cup

it could be 50 more years and no cup

but this team also has the best defenceman it has ever had

Petey is already further along then the Sedins at his age then when the Sedins where 21 

Horvat is already further along then Kesler at 24 then Kesler was at 24

We even have more core players then when their was the sedin era and the west coast express era and still more possible core players in the system

Edited by Arrow 1983
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

Yup.

Said it a bunch of times already.

Waaaay too much hype and expectation for a mid pairing KHL defender.

Not enough sample size to warrant those expectations.

Lots of Tryamkin homers on the boards of late.

Yup can’t blame them tho, it’s always nice to see what a guy his size can do in the NHL level. Especially with the success of big dmen like him in the past, Pronger, Chara, etc. 

3 minutes ago, J-23 said:

I don’t hate Tram and would love to have him back. Just irritates me when fans hype up a guy who doesn’t even want to play here.

Imo we should be hyping up the guys that want to play here. Benn, Myers, Stecher, Raffertu, Woo, Juolevi, Hughes.

Like I said don’t mind if Tram comes back but he’s not going to come back and expect a spot. Has to work his way for one, and there were issues with this before.

Tryamkin Hughes 

Joulevi Woo 

Edler Myers;)

Edited by The Aquamen
  • Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

Yup.

You might be right, he may only be a bottom pairing D at the NHL and only replace Stecher. But he will hit and hurt them, which is something Stecher will never be able to do. We need that in the playoffs, someone who can crush the opposition so that they can't play their best hockey. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

Yup.

Would still take Tryamkin over Stecher who has no offense or defense. At least Tryamkin could hit and fight and push forwards away from our goalie who is injured now. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

C (and by far most important) His wife hates our city. 

Russians except Ovie need to be around other Russians so Van is a no go longterm.  Nikita had issues here and now 2 events in Russia.  He as some value though. 

Just now, The Aquamen said:

Tryamkin Hughes 

Joulevi Woo 

Edler Tanev or any other prospect or player. ;)

Rathbone will be on our team before the end of this season, and be a regular in our top six next season.  He’s already better than Benn and Fanta.  

I’d love to have Tryamkin back, but don’t think his young wife will live here.

9 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Unfortunately its too late now and hope Benning clears out the coaching staff except the goalie coach. They need a better head coach and a better defensive coach. I watched Carolina defend with a Zamboni driver in net and they beat the leafs. We lost to the leafs with our so called goalie of the future and all our defense intact. Now if the Zamboni driver played half the game for the canucks, I bet he would get a nice tan from the goal light and not be in Hockey Hall of Fame.

His gears will be in HHOF for being worn by a goalie that allowed most goals in a single game.

1 minute ago, khay said:

You might be right, he may only be a bottom pairing D at the NHL and only replace Stecher. But he will hit and hurt them, which is something Stecher will never be able to do. We need that in the playoffs, someone who can crush the opposition so that they can't play their best hockey. 

Stecher is not a defensive d man and our genius coaches keep playing him like he knows how to defend. Stecher unfortunately isnt even a good offensive d man either so I hope we dont sign him.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

i

it was a hell of a lot more then that

he did not live in vancouver and did not run practices like a normal coach

he benched loungo for the winter classic game which cause lou to demand an immediate trade

he played the jebeezus out of our veteran players

i could go on

but yeah the calgary game contributed

That’s just the type of coach Torts is.

Almosy forgot about the Lou situation, he was leaving either way. There were trade talks around him prior to the game. I don’t remember anything about him demanding a trade, provide a source please.

Ownership wanted to make the Playoffs had no choice but to play our vets. Didn’t really have any young guys at the time tbh besides Bo.

CBJ fans seem to love him tho...

1 minute ago, samurai said:

Russians except Ovie need to be around other Russians so Van is a no go longterm.  Nikita had issues here and now 2 events in Russia.  He as some value though. 

Might be best to use Tryamkin’s rights as a sweetener to dump a bad contract.  

12 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Hey Green. Change things up. 

Rafferty in for Fanta or Benn.   Baer in for Loui.

What you are doing is not working.  SO CHANGE IT UP!!!

Reid Boucher should be getting a look on that third.  

• Like 2

Just now, Alflives said:

Rathbone will be on our team before the end of this season, and be a regular in our top six next season.  He’s already better than Benn and Fanta.  

I’d love to have Tryamkin back, but don’t think his young wife will live here.

Tryamkin Hughes 

Joulevi Woo 

Myers Edler? 

Nikita will be back Alfie.

• Like 2

Just now, khay said:

His gears will be in HHOF for being worn by a goalie that allowed most goals in a single game.

I could imagine the Canucks giving up 20 goals with him in net, playing half a game. I mean we give up 4 goals in the last 5 minutes of the game with a legit NHL goaltender:sick:

12 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

look at the canuck fans

50 years and no cup

I could even make the argument that Benning has out drafted in combined total, Pat Quinn, Brian Burke, Dave Nonies and mike Gillias and yes all of them combined and he has done it in 6 years

Just now, DefCon1 said:

Stecher is not a defensive d man and our genius coaches keep playing him like he knows how to defend. Stecher unfortunately isnt even a good offensive d man either so I hope we dont sign him.

Stecher loves the Canucks so much he’d die trying.  Kid is all heart.  But, he’s small, slow, and easy to play against.  Considering he brings no offence, he’s really not an NHL player.  

• Cheers 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Might be best to use Tryamkin’s rights as a sweetener to dump a bad contract.  

yeah there are a lot teams that would want him and be willing to take some garbage as well if it didn't mean losing too much.  Nikita will never play in Van long term.  LA or anywhere where you got some Russkies.  I will be impressed if Benning pulls the trigger on him.  

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, The Aquamen said:

Tryamkin Hughes 

Joulevi Woo 

Myers Edler? 

Nikita will be back Alfie.

I’d love Stecher’s money to next year be spent on Tryamkin.  The Canucks have to do something to keep his young wife happy here though.